• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Beau Coup Publishing

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Since no one else has commented, I'll just say this: No information on anyone in the company equals stay away for me.

aleighrose

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aleighrose.webs.com
It seems that Sable Hunter (one of their writers) may also be a staff member. Their talk radio is sponsored by "Sable Hunter & Beau Coup Publishing."

I would like to point out, though, that their books have decent sales on Amazon and the cover art is pretty nice. If only they had more info on their staff...

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
It seems that Sable Hunter (one of their writers) may also be a staff member. Their talk radio is sponsored by "Sable Hunter & Beau Coup Publishing."

I would like to point out, though, that their books have decent sales on Amazon and the cover art is pretty nice. If only they had more info on their staff...

Sable Hunter also seems to be the the blog writer, and their most prolific writer.

I wasn't impressed with what I saw on salesrank; a few high rankers, but most in the mid hundred-thousands for rankings.

I am also irrationally irritated that they didn't spell the French right (beaucoup is one word in French).

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I speak French. I kind of thought of it as "beautiful coup" as in, like, political coup :p which is probably not what they want.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Via Piers Anthony:

... July 2015 update: A complaint about lack of promotion, shoddy editing, incomplete statements, delays, and contract discrepancies. It is also said that they are illegal: no business license and no real LLC (limited liability corporation) despite their name. However, their contract does give the author the right to inspect their books of account. The problem there is that it may cost a thousand dollars to verify that they owe you $50. An author's attempt to stand up for her rights resulted in being cut off, with vindictive behavior. In fact, the proprietor alienated so many authors that she is now reported to be selling the company to her cover artist. Yes, confirmation: the sale was supposed to be final June 10, with authors getting their rights back June 20. Let's hope it's true. August 2015 update: about ten writers did get their rights back. “I'm glad to be a free woman!” one confesses.
So.

ETA: And, lo! per FB:

Dear Readers--
It is with heavy hearts that we announce Beau Coup Publishing will be closing it's doors on Jan 31st, 2016.
This was a difficult decision to make, because we have put our hearts and souls into this company from the beginning. Our authors have been aware of the situation for sometime, and we have worked with them to the best of our ability insure that their books are back in their hands.
We would like to thank you for being there for our authors, and ask that you continue to support them as they venture out into the big world of publishing.
Thank you for reading. Thank you for your support.

So, there we have it.

Last edited: