The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Beau Coup Publishing

Beau Coup Publishing

I just stumbled upon this publisher today.

Here's their website: http://www.beaucoupllcpublishing.com/

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
    J.B. Kantt

WIW (~70K), TZS (~83K), SP (~53K), and ZT (~52K) : Shelved ... For Now

RAR: Now Available on Amazon! (~62K words)

TSW
    : Querying

ZA: Outlined, will be written soon

Stop by my blog sometime!
    J.A.Y.A.! (Journey of an Aspiring Young Author)

banned as an incurable tosspot
    Since no one else has commented, I'll just say this: No information on anyone in the company equals stay away for me.

Back in the black, & staying there! Marian Perera's Avatar
    Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Founded by two authors, Beau Coup works to provide a family atmosphere.
    That tells me all I need to know.

"The novel has a dark, eerie, fairy-tale feel." Washington Post's review of The Beast Prince

AmazonWebsite

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    The only name I could find in relation to BCP is that of Debbie Workman, their Promotional Director:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/debbie-workman/95/200/9bb
    "There is only one thing worse than being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass, and that is being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass near an ant colony"
    Oscar Wilde (citation needed)

practical experience, FTW aleighrose's Avatar
    It seems that Sable Hunter (one of their writers) may also be a staff member. Their talk radio is sponsored by "Sable Hunter & Beau Coup Publishing."

I would like to point out, though, that their books have decent sales on Amazon and the cover art is pretty nice. If only they had more info on their staff...
    ~ Leigh

practical experience, FTW EvolvingK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aleighrose View Post
    It seems that Sable Hunter (one of their writers) may also be a staff member. Their talk radio is sponsored by "Sable Hunter & Beau Coup Publishing."

I would like to point out, though, that their books have decent sales on Amazon and the cover art is pretty nice. If only they had more info on their staff...
    Sable Hunter also seems to be the the blog writer, and their most prolific writer.

I wasn't impressed with what I saw on salesrank; a few high rankers, but most in the mid hundred-thousands for rankings.

I am also irrationally irritated that they didn't spell the French right (beaucoup is one word in French).

practical experience, FTW aleighrose's Avatar
    I am also irrationally irritated that they didn't spell the French right (beaucoup is one word in French).
    That annoyed me too. As a Louisianian myself, I know that there is no excuse for anyone in this state to not know that beaucoup is one word.
    ~ Leigh

I speak French. I kind of thought of it as "beautiful coup" as in, like, political coup :P which is probably not what they want.
    MAYBE IN PARIS - YA contemporary - coming June 6th 2017 from Sky Pony Press! Now available to preorder on Amazon!

Represented by Rebecca Podos of Rees Literary!

Add my book on Goodreads!

Facebook - I don't really know what I'm doing there yet
    Twitter - Sometimes I'm funny there
    Tumblr - My blog

Sable Hunter does work for them, she contacted me today.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Via Piers Anthony:

... July 2015 update: A complaint about lack of promotion, shoddy editing, incomplete statements, delays, and contract discrepancies. It is also said that they are illegal: no business license and no real LLC (limited liability corporation) despite their name. However, their contract does give the author the right to inspect their books of account. The problem there is that it may cost a thousand dollars to verify that they owe you $50. An author's attempt to stand up for her rights resulted in being cut off, with vindictive behavior. In fact, the proprietor alienated so many authors that she is now reported to be selling the company to her cover artist. Yes, confirmation: the sale was supposed to be final June 10, with authors getting their rights back June 20. Let's hope it's true. August 2015 update: about ten writers did get their rights back. “I'm glad to be a free woman!” one confesses.
    So.

ETA: And, lo! per FB:

Dear Readers--
    It is with heavy hearts that we announce Beau Coup Publishing will be closing it's doors on Jan 31st, 2016.
    This was a difficult decision to make, because we have put our hearts and souls into this company from the beginning. Our authors have been aware of the situation for sometime, and we have worked with them to the best of our ability insure that their books are back in their hands.
    We would like to thank you for being there for our authors, and ask that you continue to support them as they venture out into the big world of publishing.
    Thank you for reading. Thank you for your support.
    So, there we have it.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 03-11-2016 at 12:08 AM.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: