Missing Child Found After 12 Years

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
https://gma.yahoo.com/missing-girl-sabrina-allens-life-mexico-160700042--abc-news-topstories.html

In 2002, Greg Allen handed his four-year-old daughter to his ex-wife for a weekend visit; 12 years later, Sabrina was finally brought home. Unfortunately, she's no longer a child, and after years of being told her father and his side of the family didn't love or want her, then being told that her grandparents were dead and her father committed suicide, she's not ready to see him, yet.

I feel so sorry for both sides of that equation. She's a wreck - limited schooling her whole life, plus being on the run in some really bad areas, then being told she not only has a father eager to see her, but half-siblings and a step mother as well.

And for dad, he has to have played the moment his little girl would come home over and over in his head for years, and now the reality is that they're all in sensory overload and she's going to need time and counseling before she can take the steps toward being a part of his life again.

He got Sabrina back, and knows that she's alive and safe - and it does appear that she's healthy in the physical sense, so she wasn't abused - but they've both still lost a lot. I hope they both get the help they need to navigate this mess so they can get around to celebrating having found each other.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She was absolutely abused. Mental and emotional abuse is just as devastating as physical abuse. This girl was lied to, manipulated and kept from by all accounts, a loving parent, all because her mother was a selfish, hateful woman who though more of her own desire for vengeance against Sabrina's father, than her love for her daughter.

I just hope Sabrina can get over the emotional damage that has been done and regain a loving relationship with her father.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be a long healing. She spent years being told her father didn't want her.

She has to figure out how to unlearn that before she has any chance of healing. And she has to figure out how to trust the (now) stranger she was told didn't love her.

Neither one of them deserve the pain they still have coming.

The mother? I simply choose not to comment. I can't find the appropriately vindictive language for what I'm feeling.