• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Rebecca Friedman Literary

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I searched, but couldn't find this one here or on P&E.

http://rfliterary.com/

Anyone have experience with them? I queried after finding them on QT, they appear to have an extensive track record and a large stable of productive authors. Rebecca Friedman apparently used to work at Hill Nadell, so I presume she's only hung out her own shingle recently (her AgentQuery page still has her listed as working at HN).

They asked for my full today so I'm a long way from having to make any decisions. Any info is appreciated.

Eris0303

Registered
Reaction score
Website
eris0303.blogspot.com
I searched, but couldn't find this one here or on P&E.

http://rfliterary.com/

Anyone have experience with them? I queried after finding them on QT, they appear to have an extensive track record and a large stable of productive authors. Rebecca Friedman apparently used to work at Hill Nadell, so I presume she's only hung out her own shingle recently (her AgentQuery page still has her listed as working at HN).

They asked for my full today so I'm a long way from having to make any decisions. Any info is appreciated.

What was their response time? They're on my list but I haven't queried them yet.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
You should use QueryTracker (http://querytracker.net/). they have all sorts of stats there on agents.

Each agent at RF has different times, Rachel Marks averages 22 days, Kimberley Bower 10 days, and Rebecca Friedman about a month.

My response came after about five weeks.

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get one.

Most agencies don't send a receipt.

JSPembroke

Escaped Mental Patient
Registered
Reaction score
Website
flinthatchet.wordpress.com
I queried Rachel Marks on 20 Oct 14. I received back a statement from her assistant letting me know material would be reviewed within 2-3 weeks. On 5 Jan, I sent a follow-up query asking if my work was still under consideration and have not heard anything back.

Odd, but these things happen.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
I queried Rachel Marks on 20 Oct 14. I received back a statement from her assistant letting me know material would be reviewed within 2-3 weeks. On 5 Jan, I sent a follow-up query asking if my work was still under consideration and have not heard anything back.

Odd, but these things happen.

JS--I queried on 10/5, got the same message as yours (sent to me twice, actually) on 10/16, and I nudged on January 26. I also haven't heard back. I do know she was moving around the holidays, so I'm sure she fell behind.

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
I had queried Rachel on August 30, 2014, got that note from her assistant on October 17, nudged on December 8 then heard nothing. I marked it as closed/no response and then got an email from Rachel on February 25 asking if I was still seeking an agent for my novel and if I was to let her know and she'd review it.

So I guess she's still looking at it. Not sure how long to wait for her at this point.

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair
I had queried Rachel on August 30, 2014, got that note from her assistant on October 17, nudged on December 8 then heard nothing. I marked it as closed/no response and then got an email from Rachel on February 25 asking if I was still seeking an agent for my novel and if I was to let her know and she'd review it.

So I guess she's still looking at it. Not sure how long to wait for her at this point.

Good to know, RCS. Thanks!

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
Figure I'd keep people in the loop. Rachel read my revised first chapter and had some suggestions (pointed out a plot hole) including trying it in first person. So I'm making those edits and will resubmit to her later this week.

She said she loves the concept and wants to really like the manuscript so I'm taking this as a good sign.

ETA: I requeried Rachel on 3/11/15 after putting the first chapter into first person. She requested first 50 pages today (3/16/15). Sent that off just now.

She said to give her 2-3 weeks (which should give me plenty of time to finish off and get ready if a full request comes.

Last edited:

HilarityinLife

Fighting in the query trenches
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a little something for anyone researching this agency.

I queried Ms. Marks on 06/15 and received a request for a full on 07/23. I am to expect an answer in 6-8 weeks.
This request actually surprised me because the agency seems to mainly publish romance authors. My title's YA fantasy-horror. I'll post again when I receive an update.

Last edited:

VonAngel

without wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesisterconnection.wordpress.com
Here's a little something for anyone researching this agency.
This request actually surprised because the agency seems to mainly publish romance. My title's YA fantasy-horror.

This is really good to know. She has my full (the request came 80 days after the query), which isn't technically a Romance, but the MS I'm working on now is definitely not (crime fiction). So, I'm not sure if that's something she could sell (IF she offers to take me on as a client that is) since I'm not a Romance writer. We'll see...

Last edited:

HilarityinLife

Fighting in the query trenches
Registered
Reaction score
I've been researching the titles they have on their website. From the amount of reviews they get on Goodreads alone ranges from five hundred to twelve hundred. That's some great traction. Their publishing connections with HarperTeen and Simon Pulse are comforting too. I wish I could view their Publisher's Marketplace info, but it's closed. I suppose we'll just see how it goes, VonAngel?

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I've had a full out with Rachel Marks for 7 weeks now. She said in her email that she will respond within 6 to 8 weeks, so I'm right in the middle of that. I thought if the 8 weeks goes without a response, I would nudge and see if she's still considering it. I just hope she's not a non-responder. I'm just about holding my breath for this one. I really love what they have out. LOVE that they work with the big publishers too.

VonAngel

without wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesisterconnection.wordpress.com
I'm at 7 weeks as well, Undercover. So, I'm crossing my fingers that we hear something very soon!

Hey, Hilarity - looks like it's just a waiting game now. I've sort of given up on my MS anyway, so if she rejects it, then no love lost. I *may* still query here w/ the crime fiction when it's done since she seems to lean toward genre w/ a romantic twist...and her interests may evolve by then. We'll see. Fx'd, doll!

Last edited:

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
She's had my full since April. I nudged once by email and again by Twitter--just oh about two weeks ago. I haven't heard a word. I thought she was a responder, now I'm not sure.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I nudged after my eight weeks were up. That was about a week ago. She just might be non responder.

whirlaway

Registered
Reaction score
She's had my full for over 11 months. No response to nudges either.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Well, she it took so long between query and her full request that I figure she's swamped. Plus I have other fulls that went out about the same time. I'm still waiting on those too. A few people who subbed about a month before me are just starting to hear back now. That's why I'm not stressing too much yet