Happy Thanksgiving

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Leadstart Publishing Pvt Ltd.

Banned

Leadstart Publishing Pvt Ltd.

Has anyone ever worked with this publishing house? Does anyone have any insight about it, whether it's legitimate or scam?

Got a link for it?

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

Banned
    This is their official website...

http://www.leadstartcorp.com/

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    The information given on this page of their website is bogglingly poor. It's also full of errors in spelling and gammar, which does not bode well. And their Evaluation Metrics system is bizarre.

I wouldn't consider them.

Holding out for a Superhero... Sheryl Nantus's Avatar
    Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second Life!
    There are MANY other publishing houses out there that would be better for you.

Don't settle for just any place to submit your hard work.

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Stand out from the crowd: Leadstart Publishing is a medium-sized company and still receives about 70-100 manuscripts a day (2000-3000 manuscripts a month), and publishes only 12-15 titles every month.
    http://www.leadstartcorp.com/get-published/faqs/
    Only 12-15 titles every month?!

Banned
    Thanks, everyone. I'll consider other publishers.

Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
    The information given on this page of their website is bogglingly poor.
    I just read through that mess :

We require, a concept note, a synopsis, the full contents page, two sample chapters, and your CV. We ask for your CV to know what you have written till date.
    That's a list of publications or an author bio, not a resume or a CV. None of my books are mentioned in my CV, because that's sent out to employers who have nothing to do with publishing.

In the sample chapters need not be the first two, only the best two.
    I used to wonder why agents or publishers needed to specify that they wanted the first three chapters rather than three randomly selected chapters. Three random chapters would be confusing, so who would send that? Now I know better.

Many authors feel they present themselves more strongly in person, so ask to meet if possible.
    Oh yeah, agents and editors like hanging out with writers wanting to meet them in person to pitch manuscripts. Plenty of free time for that, too.

ou get the copyrights of any original content you have created as soon as you create it. It is mentioned on the imprint page of all published books. But you cannot stop someone somewhere in the world creating the same content and publishing it. He will own that copyright. Hence, It is better to publish the content as early as possible.
    ...How would someone create the same content as my novel? Even if this refers to non-fiction, it doesn't mean everyone who writes on the same topic comes up with the same book.

And publishing as early as possible? Yeah, tell your publisher that. "No, a release date of April 2015 is too late! Someone somewhere in the world could have published the same book before then!"
    Last edited by Marian Perera; 09-22-2014 at 05:38 PM.
    Sleeping Beauty-inspired m/m romance : Editing.

practical experience, FTW aleighrose's Avatar
    if being an author you fail in your written skills, what impression can you possibly create with the publisher?
    Oh, the irony!
    ~ Leigh