• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Strange Flesh Press

Moldy

Registered
Reaction score
Never heard of it. It looks like it's brand-spanking new. 8 likes on facebook, mention 3 days ago of a book published being their first Amazon release...and it and all the ones in their store and freebie section are written by the Editor in Chief.

Probably just have to wait and see how they do; of course if you're looking to publish short stories and the flat fee is what you consider sufficient then their (as yet undetermined) ability to drum up sales for it isn't as important.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Because I keep getting called out as some kind of hater-of-hapless-small-presses, I am going to point a gigantic foam finger at this outfit...and say 'See this? This is how you do it.' The honesty and precision is refreshing. Time will tell over the next few years, but the market needs more excellent, unashamed lesbian fiction.

I wish Strange Flesh well.

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
Never heard of it. It looks like it's brand-spanking new. 8 likes on facebook, mention 3 days ago of a book published being their first Amazon release...and it and all the ones in their store and freebie section are written by the Editor in Chief.

Probably just have to wait and see how they do; of course if you're looking to publish short stories and the flat fee is what you consider sufficient then their (as yet undetermined) ability to drum up sales for it isn't as important.

It looks like they pay a flat fee of $50 AND 50% royalties of sales on their site.

I will admit to being intrigued. Submitting something to them is going on my to-do list, I think.

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
I will place them on my watchlist for the near future.

EvolvingK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccacroteau.com
Just wondering if anyone has any direct experience with these folks yet. I really like what I'm seeing on social media, their sales ranks aren't bad for someone brand new, and I have a few stories that would be up their alley.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They haven't come across my radar yet, but the owner/editor has a name that, somewhere in the back of my murky brain, is associated with generally good/positive stuff, and their webpage and mission statements etc don't raise any red flags for me. I'd sub to them if I had anything sitting around.

Oh. Wait. I think I do! ::dusts off the hard drive::

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Alas, site's gone and social media's been wiped.