The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Strange Flesh Press

practical experience, FTW M.N Thorne's Avatar

Strange Flesh Press

Anyone heard of Strange Flesh Press? They do Lesbian erotic romance.

Here is a link:

https://strangefleshpress.com/about/

Never heard of it. It looks like it's brand-spanking new. 8 likes on facebook, mention 3 days ago of a book published being their first Amazon release...and it and all the ones in their store and freebie section are written by the Editor in Chief.

Probably just have to wait and see how they do; of course if you're looking to publish short stories and the flat fee is what you consider sufficient then their (as yet undetermined) ability to drum up sales for it isn't as important.

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I kind of like the attitude shown on their website, but time will tell.
    Emily Veinglory

Because I keep getting called out as some kind of hater-of-hapless-small-presses, I am going to point a gigantic foam finger at this outfit...and say 'See this? This is how you do it.' The honesty and precision is refreshing. Time will tell over the next few years, but the market needs more excellent, unashamed lesbian fiction.

I wish Strange Flesh well.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

practical experience, FTW EvolvingK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moldy View Post
    Never heard of it. It looks like it's brand-spanking new. 8 likes on facebook, mention 3 days ago of a book published being their first Amazon release...and it and all the ones in their store and freebie section are written by the Editor in Chief.

Probably just have to wait and see how they do; of course if you're looking to publish short stories and the flat fee is what you consider sufficient then their (as yet undetermined) ability to drum up sales for it isn't as important.
    It looks like they pay a flat fee of $50 AND 50% royalties of sales on their site.

I will admit to being intrigued. Submitting something to them is going on my to-do list, I think.

practical experience, FTW M.N Thorne's Avatar
    I will place them on my watchlist for the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Moldy View Post

practical experience, FTW EvolvingK's Avatar
    Just wondering if anyone has any direct experience with these folks yet. I really like what I'm seeing on social media, their sales ranks aren't bad for someone brand new, and I have a few stories that would be up their alley.

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    They haven't come across my radar yet, but the owner/editor has a name that, somewhere in the back of my murky brain, is associated with generally good/positive stuff, and their webpage and mission statements etc don't raise any red flags for me. I'd sub to them if I had anything sitting around.

Oh. Wait. I think I do! ::dusts off the hard drive::

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Alas, site's gone and social media's been wiped.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: