The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Promotion] BookYell

AW's resident Velociraptor ShaunHorton's Avatar

[Promotion] BookYell

So, this popped up on Goodreads today.

Hey everyone!

My name's Ethan Gordon and I'm the product manager for www.BookYell.com. BookYell is the greatest way to reach new readers to promote your KDP Select Enrolled Kindle Book and even get a guaranteed profit.

You are buying a book listing in our newsletter, which is sent to our growing list of active subscribers. Our promise is simple: we guarantee that your book, whether itís fiction or non-fiction, no matter the genre or niche, will receive at least 75 Kindle Unlimited borrows within 48 hours who read more than 10% of your book, meaning you will earn a guaranteed share of the KDP Select monthly global fund. This makes us a unique and appealing service.

99% of Books Enrolled in KDP Select Will be Accepted!
    Fiction & Non-Fiction Books on Any Subject are Welcome.
    No Restrictions on Genre, Niche or Length of the Book!
    New Releases are Welcome.
    Borrow Ranges Vary from 80 to 350.
    Guaranteed 75 Borrows or Your Money Back!

What Is Kindle Unlimited?
    When you enroll your title in KDP Select, your title will be included in Kindle Unlimited (KU), a new subscription service for readers in the U.S. This is also a new opportunity to increase revenue for authors enrolled in KDP Select. Customers are able to read as many books as they want while subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. When those who have borrowed your book read more than 10% of it, you will earn a share of the KDP Select monthly global fund.

I look forward to seeing you on www.BookYell.com, and would love to hear your success stories using our service.
    I see some digging has already been done on both Goodreads and on the Kboards, something about the site being listed in Australia, a physical address listing in the UK, and the gist of the program only working in the US. So, it's pretty clearly a scam I'd say. Still, I thought I'd bring this to your attention as well.

www.BookYell.com
    My weekly blog
    My Amazon Author Page
    Twitter
    Facebook

It's out! Hannah is finally out of my hands and on Amazon!

"Is there something seriously wrong with you?"
    "Well, yeah, but that's kind of the point."

Mr Gordon has been posting this everywhere (except here), by the look of things.
    She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted.

Kidlit gang, Junior member. MJWare's Avatar
    I don't know if this is what's going on, but this is what the users of a different forum I go to say is happening:

Someone signed up for 75 KindleUnlimmited accounts. Now they run a service and barrow (and read) everyone's book who signs up.

They make money once they've covered their subscription cost.

What evil masterminds!

Not saying that's what going on here, just looks suspicious.
    Last edited by MJWare; 09-09-2014 at 06:41 AM. Reason: changed ? to .

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    As of mid '15: "We'll be launching in 2016". Tw & FB ceased in January.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: