Free Online Flash Fiction Mini-Course

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a nice little freebie by Holly Lisle. It may have been mentioned on here before, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, it's three free lessons, no strings. If you're shy, don't worry, you don't turn anything in. I'm still working on it and think it's definitely worthwhile.

The neat thing is, her method includes writing five 500 word stories at once. She then recommends self-publishing your stories from the course as a small chapbook on Amazon for 99 cents (or you can send them out individually, or whatever). It could easily be adapted a bit so that those stories share a theme.

Here's the link, if anyone wants to play:

http://howtothinksideways.com/shop/free-three-week-flash-fiction-class/

Last edited:

Jenkki

Registered
Reaction score
Holly's course is great! I'd second that recommendation.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
I can tell you I'd never written a short story I really liked before I took that course, and now I have eleven. I've submitted one, and I'm getting ready to submit four more.

So it's definitely worth your while to check it out if you haven't already.

Gisele

Registered
Reaction score
I just discovered this Flash Fiction class and am hoping someone here can answer this for me -- in lesson 1, it says to match the characters with the most compelling desire, so that means we mix them? We don't stick with the same initial desire/character we came up with in the beginning? Am I reading that right?

Updated to add: Never mind -- got my answer!

Last edited:

Serf1986

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in taking the course. Can anyone give me some feedback about how it went? were they able to publish their stories after the course?