The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Tailwinds Press

Question Tailwinds Press

Does anyone know them? I received a short note about them in a subscription pack.

http://www.tailwindspress.com/about.html
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    No books out yet, no track record, no names of staff to research for publishing background. I'd wait and see.
    KINGLET: Coming from FIERY SEAS PUBLISHING in August 2017

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

Back in the black, & staying there! Marian Perera's Avatar
    Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
    From their About page:

We are a young, New York City-based independent press specializing in high-quality fiction and non-fiction by new and emerging writers.
    This is vague, and the Submissions page doesn't give much more information. Do they publish all genres, from children's picture books to BDSM erotica to cookbooks? Flash fiction as well as 300K novels?

Tailwinds Press is edited by dedicated individuals with significant experience in writing, print media, and academia. We believe in intelligent work that is compelling, accessible, and relevant to the spirit of our time.
    And I believe I'll have another cup of coffee.

I wouldn't even wait and see. If they set themselves up as a publisher without giving any specific information about who they are or what they publish, I have no confidence that they'd wise up later on down the line.

"The novel has a dark, eerie, fairy-tale feel." Washington Post's review of The Beast Prince

AmazonWebsite

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    The people behind Tailwinds seem to be painfully shy.

The Tailwinds Press Book Review will consider reviewing any material we find interesting.
    http://www.tailwindspress.com/the-review
    Even their reviews are anonymous!

The only clue I could find was on the submissions page:

Electronic submissions are preferred. Please direct hard copy submissions to Tailwinds Press c/o G. Pece, P.O. Box 2283, Radio City Station, New York, NY 10101-2283.
    This sort of secrecy always makes me wonder if one or more of the authors-to-be are trying to disguise the fact that it's a self-publishing venture.

ETA: Tailwinds' Facebook goes into a bit more detail about what they're looking for:

We are a young, NYC-based independent press specializing in high-quality fiction, non-fiction, and children's literature by new and emerging writers.
    https://www.facebook.com/tailwindspress
    Last edited by aliceshortcake; 08-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    "There is only one thing worse than being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass, and that is being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass near an ant colony"
    Oscar Wilde (citation needed)