Maybe I'll Earn a Pizza - Self Publishing Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
Just an update. The release of my sequel has had a dramatic effect on sales. At least in the short term it has catapulted Elevated back to steady (if not huge) sales. I am shocked at just how strong the difference is, despite the fact that everyone said it. I have a strengthened resolve to get the third book out as fast as possible (with quality standards of course).

NatGSharpe

Registered
Reaction score
This is really exciting and it's cool that you've kept track. I really love seeing progressions like this.

Do you have advice on what you would have done differently, or the same, if you were to do it all over?

Last edited:

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the preview so much that I went ahead and bought it for my kindle app.
This is such a fun idea.
Hope the pizza was enjoyable.

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much! June is turning out to be an even stronger month than my opening month for Elevated, even though I had about 50 friends and family to buy it out of the gate. I didn't push as strong for them to get Catalyst, but just having the second book out there seems to have given me a huge boost. I'm really hoping I can get a third book out there soon so I can keep the momentum going. I keep having second thoughts about the plot though...arg...writer's angst.

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
I went ahead and reentered Kindle select since I couldn't seem to get traction anywhere else. I'll probably try to penetrate those market again, but in the meantime being in the Kindle Unlimited program brings me some extra money and helps my rankings a lot. With the new system, it seems my borrows will be about equal with a buy provided the readers get through the whole book, and based on the page counts it seems like they are. So that's great.Alright, back to my third book...(which is driving me bananas)

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Like a lot of people elsewhere say, traction in markets like Kobo and Apple take + 6 months to happen. It's not quite as immediate as with Amazon, due to different buying habits. which is not to say it doesn't happen!

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
In preparation for my third book's release tomorrow, I went ahead and made Elevated free. The response has been tremendous. I am nearly to the top 100 free books for Amazon, which astounds me. I don't even know how to react.

If any of you haven't gotten the book yet, it's a free download!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MXAW7RO/?tag=absowrit-20

Status
Not open for further replies.