• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ginosko Literary Journal

billz015

Registered
Reaction score
Today I recieved a solicitation from the editor of this magazine. It surprised me, and highly confused me. Now I haven't done much in the way of getting my name out there, but somehow this one person knew it (spelled it wrong), and sent me a solicitation for me to submit to his magazine.

Should I be worried if I submit? To me it seems so random, I'm not published in anyway really, I have some POD books but that's it, and then I get this.

What does it mean?

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
It could mean a lot of things. Never write on spec, and let Yog's Law be your guide.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Utterly weird. What does anyone know about the magazine? Is it one that you'd want to be published in if you'd not gotten a solicitation? Do they have a web page? Have you read a sample copy?

What are they paying?

Normally, when I approach an editor it's a place that I've found in hard copy and would be happy to be published in (wide circulation, good rep, etc.)

When an editor approaches me, I don't put pen to paper until after the check clears. Fewer tears that way.

Berry

Registered
Reaction score
As near as I can tell from a brief google search, Ginosko is a small literary magazine that's been around since 2004 or so. Back then the editor posted a request for material, saying he couldn't pay now but hoped to soon. They don't seem to have a web page. According to http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/wordbeat/Submissions.html you can email the editor and ask for a sample issue.

That's all I could find. No reviews, no subscription information, no awards, surprisingly little information.

billz015

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm.. I wonder how the editor got my e-mail. I guess I'll just have to let it go, but the description on that web page is more or less the e-mail I got. It doesn't seem like they're out to get me or anything, I guess.

Thanks for the help.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you got spammed. Not a good sign, IMO.