::Deep Breath::

ESHanson

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all--

My name is Erika and I've been lurking for quite a while. I'm currently working on one project, an historical novel, with a possible second project (space opera) waiting in the wings.

I'm hoping that, by joining this lovely community, I'll be able to actually finish one of those things. ;)

I look forward to chatting with and getting to know everyone!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

khosszu

Levitates through writing
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you! Hope you'll enjoy AW - there's a ton of helpful info here that has helped me with my writing, and advice about agents, publishing, etc. Also, this is a wonderful place to find like-minded people who can help you through a dark day :) Welcome!

Cathryn

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Erika. I think this is going to be a great environment in which to develop our talents. I love historical, maybe because I am so old and space operas are fun. I'm looking forward to seeing you around.

Ken Horn

I drank what?
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and grats on coming from out of the lurk mode.. I lurvs me some space opera so hope thats at least one of the two projects you see to fruition but hopefully both. I'm sure you'll find the community around here all kinds of welcoming and ready to help if ya need a hand or advice. Best of luck to ya an hit me up when ya need a beta reader for the space opera.

Dallionz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Erika! Welcome!

I'm relatively new here as well but find this to be a great, helpful forum.

PsylentProtagonist

American Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards! I'm not too familiar with space opera (I believe my only experience is Star Wars if that counts). If it's cool to ask, what's the historical novel about? Best of luck with both!

UncleChin

Why don't you get your own bottle?
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I love space opera. Peter Hamilton's my fav.

Zilge

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Erika. It's pleasure you can join us. :)

ESHanson

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards! I'm not too familiar with space opera (I believe my only experience is Star Wars if that counts). If it's cool to ask, what's the historical novel about? Best of luck with both!

Hi, Psylent--

My historical is set in the 20th Dynasty of Ancient Egypt. I thought the tomb robberies and general unrest reported in that era (especially in the reign of Ramses IX) would make for a really intriguing thriller.

It's still in the planning/plotting stages right now.

ESHanson

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and grats on coming from out of the lurk mode.. I lurvs me some space opera so hope thats at least one of the two projects you see to fruition but hopefully both. I'm sure you'll find the community around here all kinds of welcoming and ready to help if ya need a hand or advice. Best of luck to ya an hit me up when ya need a beta reader for the space opera.

Hi, Ken--

My space opera is still in the very early planning stages, I'm working on the groundwork now. I think the genre is incredibly flexible in the kinds of stories you can tell, and I'm excited to get started.

I'll definitely look you up for a beta when I'm ready. :)

Thanks to everyone who have made me feel so welcome, here. I look forward to the friends I will make on AW, and the chance to expand my writing ability.

WhirlyGirly

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! This is a great place for newbies (like myself) to learn writing. I've found it very helpful for advice.

lilmerlin

We are many - and get along fine!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gruy.biz
Hello and welcome Erika! Your projects sound fascinating and I wish you sincerely that they will take wings for you! I hope the cooler will be a wonderful experience for you and that you will find all the help you need - all the best.