Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Dragonfairy Press

practical experience, FTW

Dragonfairy Press

I just came across this publisher not too long ago, and I was wondering if anyone had nay experience with them. I noticed that they have a lot of books published by the editors. Other than that and that they publish a lot of speculative fiction, I don't know anything about them.

Duotrope has them listed and P&E doesn't have anything negative to say about them.

They're closed to submissions right now, but they have a book coming out later this year.
    http://www.dragonfairypress.com/

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    They claim to have bookstore placement:

Booksellers

Our books are distributed by Small Press United, a division of the Independent Publishers Group (IPG). Please contact your IPG sales representative or visit IPG for ordering information.

Readers

All of our novels are produced in print and digital format. We have some novella-length works that are available in digital format only. Our trade paperbacks are available on bookshelves where books are sold and may be ordered at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and other online stores.
    http://www.dragonfairypress.com/sales

I would like clarification on that. At any rate, they're too new to really interest me.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

practical experience, FTW Anarchic Q's Avatar
    About a year ago I actually messaged one of the authors with DFP because the premise of our novels were similar. He said he was quite happy with them. I submitted to them July of last year and received a rejection in September.
    Do Not Tamper With - My Writing, Art & Reviews Blog
    Wheelchair Seating for the Apocalypse - A horror short story by Q. Published on Spinetingler Magazine.
    Re-Invention - A sci-fi short story by Q. Printed in Make Something Magazine.
    GoodReads

They have nineteen books listed on Amazon. Some decent sales ranks. Negative reviews tend to focus on explicit sex and violence (which does not concern me) and poor editing, lack of character development, and limited worldbuilding (which does).

They're closed for submissions at the moment (since February according to the submissions page). Their covers look pretty good and I like that many of them feature POC characters.
    Visit my website!

practical experience, FTW
    I like their covers too. I do think that a bit more info could be given on their website, though. I sent them an e-mail about a few questions, and I'm just waiting on a response.

They do claim to have in-store distribution, so next time I go to the book store, I'll keep an eye out for their works.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Tw ceased in '13, and FB in '14; coinciding with last book published.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Too bad. I was hoping they'd last. ETA: doing more research to see what social media platforms they are using. Main website's still up.

Only three books listed on Amazon.
    Last edited by Filigree; 03-27-2016 at 08:55 AM.