• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dragonfairy Press

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
I just came across this publisher not too long ago, and I was wondering if anyone had nay experience with them. I noticed that they have a lot of books published by the editors. Other than that and that they publish a lot of speculative fiction, I don't know anything about them.

Duotrope has them listed and P&E doesn't have anything negative to say about them.

They're closed to submissions right now, but they have a book coming out later this year.
http://www.dragonfairypress.com/

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
They claim to have bookstore placement:

Booksellers

Our books are distributed by Small Press United, a division of the Independent Publishers Group (IPG). Please contact your IPG sales representative or visit IPG for ordering information.

Readers

All of our novels are produced in print and digital format. We have some novella-length works that are available in digital format only. Our trade paperbacks are available on bookshelves where books are sold and may be ordered at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and other online stores.
http://www.dragonfairypress.com/sales

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
About a year ago I actually messaged one of the authors with DFP because the premise of our novels were similar. He said he was quite happy with them. I submitted to them July of last year and received a rejection in September.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
They have nineteen books listed on Amazon. Some decent sales ranks. Negative reviews tend to focus on explicit sex and violence (which does not concern me) and poor editing, lack of character development, and limited worldbuilding (which does).

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
They're closed for submissions at the moment (since February according to the submissions page). Their covers look pretty good and I like that many of them feature POC characters.

Jinsune

Registered
Reaction score
I like their covers too. I do think that a bit more info could be given on their website, though. I sent them an e-mail about a few questions, and I'm just waiting on a response.

They do claim to have in-store distribution, so next time I go to the book store, I'll keep an eye out for their works.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Tw ceased in '13, and FB in '14; coinciding with last book published.