Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Display Site] Qpeka

practical experience, FTW Weirdmage's Avatar

[Display Site] Qpeka

(Hope I did the name of the thread right.)

So, as I was looking at the comments to the Hachette CEO's answer letter to Amazon I came across this comment. The name given for the person writing it leads to the site: Qpeka.
    Their about page is pretty interesting reading. According to their "author payout table" they are still in beta, but they plan to have authors payed by "Part of ad-revenue".
    In the comment I started at, "Abhishek" says they already know that authors can get revenue equal to sales proceeds...

This looks like complete amateur hour to me. As a reader I do not want to read ads in my books. And I have trouble seeing how the author can get paid the same as by royalties unless we are talking a lot of ads. Would be interested to know what everyone else thinks.

The reply to the comment you liked to pretty much sums it up.

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    This is an Indian site. I'm seeing more and more Indian sites related to self-publishing and promoting--some pretty bad--as India starts to catch up with the digital revolution.

- Victoria