What is this world coming to? -- half naked and drunken school teacher edition

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
I don't get the pearl clutching. Teachers are just people with the same likelihood of crazy as any other part of the population. My dad was an elementary school principal for 30 years, and he used to tell stories that would make your hair curl.

AncientEagle

Old kid, no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Very sad story. Probably a lot of failures, disappointments, and broken dreams behind that picture. And now another step downward.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Very sad story. Probably a lot of failures, disappointments, and broken dreams behind that picture. And now another step downward.

Agreed. I guess I'm not cool and mistake-free enough to join in the dog pile, but rather than making fun of her face and appearance (it's not like mugshots are meant to be flattering), I felt a bit bad for her.

Yeah, her actions were stupid, but she is obviously struggling with alcoholism or personal demons. There might be something seriously wrong. How do you know her husband didn't just die? Maybe she was diagnosed with inoperable cancer last week? Maybe she's clinically depressed?

Throwing stones, glasses houses, and all that.

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. I guess I'm not cool and mistake-free enough to join in the dog pile, but rather than making fun of her face and appearance (it's not like mugshots are meant to be flattering), I felt a bit bad for her.

Yeah, her actions were stupid, but she is obviously struggling with alcoholism or personal demons. There might be something seriously wrong. How do you know her husband didn't just die? Maybe she was diagnosed with inoperable cancer last week? Maybe she's clinically depressed?

In fairness, I may throw stones, but when I catch myself, I step under a boulder and cut the rope.

Clearly, something *does* have a hold of her. But when you do something like this, you are in serious need of help, and not getting it. I can feel for her plight *and* find humor from it.

I do it at myself all the time.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe she was hired to teach biology, or human sexuality. :D

Abstinence only sex ed? It is, after all, Oklahoma, and she could scare an erection off a statue.

Serious note: While she has apparent issues, working in the education system with students is NOT where she needs to be to fix those issues.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Heading off for my first day of the new school term. Had a couple of beers and a Goodbar for breakfast. Packed my briefcase with gin and limes--wanna be extra bright eyed and chipper this a.m. Gotta go--Damnit! WHERE ARE MY PANTS???????--s6

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Yes, she may be struggling, but we don't know that either. All we do know is that she showed up for work drunk and without her pants. Until I do that myself, I am not living in a glass house and throwing stones if I make a crack about how unsuitable for teaching children she quite apparently is.

Now, had she been busted for recklessly indulging in her addiction to AW at work, it would be a glass house situation for moi. But I do have pants on at the moment, I swear.:tongue

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Heading off for my first day of the new school term. Had a couple of beers and a Goodbar for breakfast. Packed my briefcase with gin and limes--wanna be extra bright eyed and chipper this a.m. Gotta go--Damnit! WHERE ARE MY PANTS???????--s6
Oh come on, s6! Forget the pants. You'll get the kids' attention. And the media.

When I taught second grade many years ago, there was a teacher who would come into school in the morning, refuse to turn on her classroom lights, be late at times for class because "her front door came off it's hinges" or some such story, and none of us were aware she was an alcoholic. (Then again, she didn't take off her pants in the classroom.) The principal realized it, put her on leave, got her the help she needed, and to this day the teacher is sober and doing well.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, she may be struggling, but we don't know that either. All we do know is that she showed up for work drunk and without her pants.

Actually, the way I read the story, she had them, and took them off.

I'm not sure that's any better.

dfwtinman

Cubic Zirconia in the rough
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As someone who attends a lot of support groups for those with mood disorders, this type of behavior is not unknown to those suffering a manic episode, especially as bipolar disorder is often comorbid with alcoholism. I have no way of knowing this person's medical situation, but I can say I have heard many such stories with similar elements.

Last edited: