Salutations!

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Cathleen, and Charlotte's Web was one of my favorite books as a kid, so it seemed appropriate to use her greeting here.

I write novels; thus far I have set fairy tales in distinct historic eras. I put Hansel and Gretel in the Thirties, Snow White in Civil War California, and Snow White and Rose Red (I know that sounds repetitive, but it isn't really; they are completely different stories) in pre-Civil War Bleeding Kansas.

I have found that my manuscripts tend to be long, and I am currently looking to change something so that I can come up with more marketable work. You know the old adage, insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.

So I have been writing short stories in an effort to encourage concision, and am taking an online class on revising manuscripts. I am trying to become a part of writing communities because so far I've basically been writing in a cave, and I want to get better.

One thing that really confuses me are queries. I've read so much conflicting information on them, and it's very difficult to hit a target that appears to be reflecting back at me from shards of a shattered mirror.

So, I am pleased to (electronically) meet you.

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I write novels; thus far I have set fairy tales in distinct historic eras. I put Hansel and Gretel in the Thirties, Snow White in Civil War California, and Snow White and Rose Red (I know that sounds repetitive, but it isn't really; they are completely different stories) in pre-Civil War Bleeding Kansas.

Ooooh, I've never seen fairy tales done like that before! I am intrigued.:D

Welcome to AW! I hope you'll find the info in the forums useful and be able to contribute to the community.:hi:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Ken Horn

I drank what?
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW I hope you find the community as welcoming as I have and I'm sure you'll find the information a valuable resource to help further your craft.

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, CathleenT!

If you haven't found Ask the Agent yet, be sure to go there and join the rest of us who are baffled by the querying process.