Not open for further replies.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
RT! *TACKLE* :D hiiiii

A guy from my critique group sent me this on Facebook this weekend. While the list of the top 10 Marvel comics is interesting, what I'm interested in is that 75th anniversary omnibus that spawned the whole article. It sounds like a fantastic collection and I want it. I really do.

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Activity! Welcome to the thread Remus and Raven. So did anybody here see X-Men Evolution?

Also not really a support thread. More of a social thread. Although if you're having trouble feel free to post it here. Think of it as a combo Coffee Shop and House of Funnies and Floozers.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I just found this thread. I used to collect The Maxx. i loved that comic. My favorite batman is The Killing Joke. That had to be the best comic book ever.

Periodically I make Transformer comic strips and post them on my Deviant Art page.

Komic Brew

Banned
Reaction score
I'm always shy about posting in support threads/forums when I don't need support. My comic is chugging along fine. There's a lot to do to prepare for publication, but I don't think anybody can help me with it.

Anyway, hi there. :)

Loved the beginning of your webcomic! Will read it through one of these days, I'm struggling to get some free time for reading lately... but will do.
What a wonderfully strange and intriguing idea to make a Genocide man character. How many pages are done until now?

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
So did anybody here see X-Men Evolution?

Yes, I used to watch that show! Loved it so, so much! :) However, I didn't see much of the last season. I think I saw the very last episode long ago.

My sister and I have been rewatching it on Netflix.
Unfortunately, Netflix only has one (or two?) season. :( Guess I will have to watch it through other means.

I recently read an issue of Hawkeye that was from the POV of a dog. That was...interesting. And cute! I love doggies. :) I definitely wanted to read more Hawkeye, so I picked up the volumes of him. I'm more of a DC girl, so I decided to give Hawkeye (who I don't know much about) a try. I did read Young Avengers and an occasional Captain America or Spiderman issue long ago, so I do have some idea of some of the Marvel heroes. My family loves Spider-Man, so we know more about his rogue gallery compared to other heroes'.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
Baltimore recently had its comic con. I think meeting Dan Jurgens may be the high point of my nerd career.

Though, that's being tested since Tom Siddell (creator of the webcomic gunnerkrigg Court, which imo everyone should at least try :D ) will be just a 20-min drive away at the small press expo this weekend. Trying to figure out if I can scrape together the admission cost to meet the guy.

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Baltimore recently had its comic con. I think meeting Dan Jurgens may be the high point of my nerd career.

Though, that's being tested since Tom Siddell (creator of the webcomic gunnerkrigg Court, which imo everyone should at least try :D ) will be just a 20-min drive away at the small press expo this weekend. Trying to figure out if I can scrape together the admission cost to meet the guy.

I'll admit. I'm jealous if you do go. Gunnerkrigg Court is amazing (and I'm soooo hyped to find out where the current storyline is going). :D

I can't wait for my local convention in November. The guest list is looking amazing for what was a somewhat small con last year: Bob Burden (Mystery Men), Brian Clevinger (Atomic Robo and the webcomic 8Bit Theater, among others), the editor-in-chief of Dark Horse comics Scott Allie, two actors from Mystery Science Theater 3000, and JOHN FREAKING BARROWMAN. *cries in fangirl happiness*

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I'll admit. I'm jealous if you do go. Gunnerkrigg Court is amazing (and I'm soooo hyped to find out where the current storyline is going). :D

I can't wait for my local convention in November. The guest list is looking amazing for what was a somewhat small con last year: Bob Burden (Mystery Men), Brian Clevinger (Atomic Robo and the webcomic 8Bit Theater, among others), the editor-in-chief of Dark Horse comics Scott Allie, two actors from Mystery Science Theater 3000, and JOHN FREAKING BARROWMAN. *cries in fangirl happiness*
Man, that sounds like a heck of a lineup! Which MST3K-ers? Joel was at the con last weekend but his line was so long I never got near him. I can only imagine what the costume contest was like with him as host though :D

And me too about the current arc! I actually find myself really hopeful that Paz gets to do something awesome after that burn last page :(

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Man, that sounds like a heck of a lineup! Which MST3K-ers? Joel was at the con last weekend but his line was so long I never got near him. I can only imagine what the costume contest was like with him as host though :D

And me too about the current arc! I actually find myself really hopeful that Paz gets to do something awesome after that burn last page :(

Oh, you know Paz is going to be the solution, one way or another. You don't have a bad guy call someone unimportant/irrelevant and then they remain unimportant/irrelevant. Paz's turn to play hero.

Frank Conniff (TV’s Frank) and Trace Beaulieu (Dr. Forrester and Crow) :DOh man, now you've got me hoping they're involved with the costume contest somehow.

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
Loved the beginning of your webcomic! Will read it through one of these days, I'm struggling to get some free time for reading lately... but will do.
What a wonderfully strange and intriguing idea to make a Genocide man character. How many pages are done until now?

Sorry I missed your post. Thanks!

Let's see, we're starting chapter 12, at 24 pages per chapter that's about 300 pages done. Book 1 will only have chapters 1-8. Although it's looking as if it'll be easier to release each chapter separately...

RemusShepherd

Banned
Flounced
VPXI
Reaction score
Website
remus-shepherd.livejournal.com
wohoo, that's a big heavy book you got there :)
300 pages, that's a feat! how much time for production? 2-3 years or less?

I did one page a week, so that was 3 years for the first book. I got a professional artist for the second book and he's doing 2 pages per week. He could handle more I'm sure, but that's as fast as I can pay him. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fantastic Four is ending

D.Russ

Registered
Reaction score
Website
darthruss.blogspot.com
Well I found my new regular hangout spot. I've been reading comics since the early 90's. I fell away from them from 2001-2008, because, you know...life happens.

Anyhow, I've somewhat recently gotten back into them, and with a much more hungrier vengeance. I'm collecting the new 52 Batman, and nearly every other Batman spin-off, B&W is my current favorite, too bad it was only 6 issues.

The Star Wars was pretty dope, again, too bad it was planned as a short lived mini-series.

And now I have to go to the shop after work today because someone mentioned a Firefly comic. Thanks. What paycheck?

In short, this uber-geek has just found a new home. Thank you. :snoopy:

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome, D. Russ!

I've actually been working on some superhero short stories lately. Three of them: one third draft, one completed first draft, and one mostly finished first draft. I'm actually having a lot of fun with the non-heroes in a hero-filled world. All three stories follow three people who'll eventually be the founders of a SHIELD-like organization, but at the moment, they're just a group of people in their 20s who want to help heroes do good while trying to live day to day.

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Well I found my new regular hangout spot. I've been reading comics since the early 90's. I fell away from them from 2001-2008, because, you know...life happens.

Anyhow, I've somewhat recently gotten back into them, and with a much more hungrier vengeance. I'm collecting the new 52 Batman, and nearly every other Batman spin-off, B&W is my current favorite, too bad it was only 6 issues.

The Star Wars was pretty dope, again, too bad it was planned as a short lived mini-series.

And now I have to go to the shop after work today because someone mentioned a Firefly comic. Thanks. What paycheck?

In short, this uber-geek has just found a new home. Thank you. :snoopy:

Hey D. Russ. Welcome to the thread.

@TAMaxwell

Yaaas. Me wants. Do you go to CBR too? I noticed the watermark in the corner.

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Naa. I don't really buy mainstream comics for the most part.

Although since we're on the subject. Anyone excited for X_Men: Apocolypse? (The new movie in production)

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't read Death of Wolverine, and am two movies behind on the X-Men franchise. I think at some point, the mutant side of Marvel just got too big for me so aside from a few characters I still love, I've mostly drifted away from their stuff.

Sad really, since I know they have some fascinating stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.