Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Renaissance Press

practical experience, FTW stormowl7's Avatar

Renaissance Press

Does anyone know about this one (I checked the Index, and found four by the same name, but this one wasn't among them)

http://renaissancebookpress.com/

has anyone had any dealings with them? I'm interested since I'm in the Ottawa/Gatineau region, and that's what they're accepting, but I wonder why they limit it to this region only...

thanks!

Sounds like they want local authors because they are trying to be more of an author-cooperative venture rather than a tradition trade or small press publisher.

In other news, I can't say I like their covers much, and the excerpt from BROTHERS IN ARMS doesn't pull me in. Also, there's this from their about page:

Renaissance Press was founded in May 2013 by a group of friends who wanted to publish and market with a new business model: different from most traditional publishers, which are nearly impossible to get into, no matter how high the quality of the book is, and then have little to no input on what happens to their book
    That seems to indicate they don't have much experience with trade publishers, since they are repeating oft-told misconceptions.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Will be publishing their first non-owner book this year. Of the three most recent (Aug '15), two currently rank at 1.5M, and the third has no rank at all.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: