Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a good title to me. Semi-humorous can take an ominous turn. And, while I have no expertise in the matter, I would think any editor who disregards a story merely due to disliking its title, or who passes on a story they like because of a perceived incongruity between the tone of the story and the title, is doing a disservice to the publication they work for.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I really like the title, and Jcomp is right--that would be a disservice to the publication and author, but some may still not read it. :Shrug: Just means they're not a good home for your story and not somewhere that you'd want it anyway. It certainly sounds like an awesome story to me. :)

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I like it.
I'd pick it up.
I've no experience with editors though, but I want to say one without a sense of humor isn't really one I'd last very long with.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*straps iron armor with spikes to tail and then dragon pounces Abby*

:hi: Ted, Abby, Shaun

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, that tail looks even hawter than before.

I might write a poem about it. Ode to a Dragon's Tail.

:roll:

I'm not sure how I feel about that...lmao!

*throws a cow*

How's my favorite scaled fire-breather? :D Been a while since we've talked! I saw your pics on FB of the new hatchling. Sooooooo cute.

*leaps off of Abby and pounces on cow*

It's been foreverrrrrrrrrrr!! :/ Aw, thanks! He's a keeper, that's for sure. :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Cow sounds really good right now... particularly in pot roast form with a side of mashed potatoes and pie and a giant cup of milk. Mmm...

*is hangry*

D'aww, he looks like a little character already. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Cow sounds really good right now... particularly in pot roast form with a side of mashed potatoes and pie and a giant cup of milk. Mmm...

*is hangry*

D'aww, he looks like a little character already. :D

Keep talking like that and I'll need three or four more cows...gah, that sounds good.

Daughter says he can already lift his head and almost roll over, either she's nuts or he's...SuperBaby!!! :D Must be the dragon in him.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
Keep talking like that and I'll need three or four more cows...gah, that sounds good.

Daughter says he can already lift his head and almost roll over, either she's nuts or he's...SuperBaby!!! :D Must be the dragon in him.

I bet the daughter fed him lots of cow while she was growing him. :D

Ugh, doesn't it? I'm craving food not loaded with preservatives and questionable ingredients right now.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah....that would be a good idea. I mean, you know what kind of lunacy I can get up to.

:O you? No way!

I bet the daughter fed him lots of cow while she was growing him. :D

Ugh, doesn't it? I'm craving food not loaded with preservatives and questionable ingredients right now.

I don't know how many cows she fed him, but she definitely stuffed him with mashed potatoes and cheesecake. :D He's a lil tater cheesecake dragon. :D

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Too bad we have to use up all our cows so our dragon will grace us with her presence and a chance to gaze upon that magnificent tail. *ahem*

It would be nice if she'd just come by more than once a month without the bribe just because she knows we miss her a bunch.

*extra guilt*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad we have to use up all our cows so our dragon will grace us with her presence and a chance to gaze upon that magnificent tail. *ahem*

It would be nice if she'd just come by more than once a month without the bribe just because she knows we miss her a bunch.

*extra guilt*

:e2bummed:

aw...now I feel really bad.

Ok, I'll try to get in here more.

wait, I still get cows, right?

A newbieque would be great right now, Ima starving!