Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Don't make me give you another plot bunny, Ted.

Sweetie, the last one worked out quite well, actually. In fact, I'm cleaning it up for another submission. The last rejection I got was so incredible I have to keep working on it because it was like a crit read from three different editors who all liked it but it was missing something.

realityfix

Banned
Reaction score
Ted:

I don't normally participate on this thread, although I've posted a few horror originals on SYW, but I recently read the three blog posts that you end your posts with and I find your honesty and transparency to be beyond words (in a good way). I believe most of us chase after the writer dream because we are either afraid of something or on the run from or toward something. With me, as a 55 year old divorced father of two 19 year old college freshmen, I fear becoming irrelevant. I fear my sons becoming the wonderful young adult men that I always saw in them and then, they no longer need me. So, I chase after the writers' dream because, to me, writing a great piece is sort of like catching a bit of immortality in the fact that at least some people will remember me. My current wife finds that a bit narcissistic but I disagree. I don't want buildings named after me. I don't want a following of groupies. I just want people to see there was more to me than the difference between the sum of all my successes and failures. Ted, I don't know you, but I wish you all the best. Be comfortable in your own skin, fellow writer, and decide for yourself who you are and what is your purpose. Never let others decide that for you. It's funny that I've got a tab open on You Tube and Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild" just played. Anyway, write on into the glorious sunset and I hope to read more of your stuff on SYW.

realityfix

Banned
Reaction score
You're quite welcome. I've accepted the fact that I may never be "discovered" by the masses so I write for myself. Both of my sons did the nano-rhymo thing in middle school and, although neither are majoring in anything related to writing, one of them may discover a passion for it later on in life so I save all my stuff for them. Anyway, what I like about your blog is that, instead of crowing how great of a writer you are, it's all about how human you are. To me, that's what makes a writer; all the bumps and bruises we gather as we trip and stumble through life. I used to regret the last 15 years of my life. Now, I use it as an emotional file cabinet to draw from when I come to a writer's block. Anyway, it seems like I've put a spotlight on you. Back to the regularly scheduled program of plot bunnies. Mine is a wascally wabbit and it nags me by always asking me "what's up, doc?".

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need some inspiration for creepy mental hospitals.

Pinterest has lots of creepy pictures if you do a search.

But the documentary about Cropsey (I think on Netflix or something) and the Willowbrook institution is seriously disturbing and great fodder for ideas and inspiration.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
So, I found this.

Hah! Good one, good...wait...they actually want SERIOUS stories?

Hmm...

Well, the most obvious route to take is a haunted pizzeria, or a delivery man that makes a wrong turn. Maybe a monster made of pizza? Alien creatures that look like pizza slices and move around kind of like the slugs in 'Slither'? A pizza with toppings that aren't what you think they are?

Hey! Isn't this Tiddles type of thing? Let us brainstorm! This may be exactly the kind of anthology all of us Horror Hounds could break into!

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
So, I found this.

Hah! Good one, good...wait...they actually want SERIOUS stories?

Hmm...

Well, the most obvious route to take is a haunted pizzeria, or a delivery man that makes a wrong turn. Maybe a monster made of pizza? Alien creatures that look like pizza slices and move around kind of like the slugs in 'Slither'? A pizza with toppings that aren't what you think they are?

Hey! Isn't this Tiddles type of thing? Let us brainstorm! This may be exactly the kind of anthology all of us Horror Hounds could break into!

HOW IS PIZZA HORROR THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY MY THING?? Seriously, people.

There's no way I can write something that wouldn't have me snorting in laughter in the first five minutes.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
pizza-the-hut-19228906.png

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I can already tell you my story is about a guy living paycheck to paycheck in a dying Midwestern town and he's stuck managing a chain pizza place. He lives and dies by the numbers on the computer and his food costs are too high so he begins to kill people, grind them up, and serve them on pizzas with lots of spices. He has a name for the special pizza but I forgot what I called it. It's a huge hit and he's able to keep his job but the stress of what he's doing is driving him insane.