Hounding from the Depths of Perdition

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I've been deep in the doldrums myself. I find enough energy to keep my current short stories in circulation on submission, but that's it. Work is just dragging me down, and it's affecting my health now. :-/ Had an interview last week that I'm going to call back on Monday, so there's hope, but not much.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Good luck, Shaun. Your health is important, so don't let work stress get you down too much. Digging your way out of those bad habits that creep in sucks :(

Well, Glitter Bugs is revised and off on the subbing circuit! It may not have turned out the horror that I'd originally intended, but I'm pretty darn pleased anyway, and kudos to Shaun again for that damn plot bunny. I knew it would come in handy sooner or later :greenie

And no, no I do not need another one. I have several others. More than several. I just bought a new padlock for the plot bunny closet.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
mm...yes...stuck in a windowless conference room, longing to be outside, on a Friday, while I have to be on my best behavior...after I've been on a plane full of people who better not get me sick, again, with all their coughing and hacking I cannot escape.

I WAS planning to be at my cabin on Friday. Which is in Minnesota and is much more interesting than the airport or a windowless conference room.

*Winks explodes in a cloud of furious glitter*

ETA: Sorry for rant. You spend too much time travelling for work and it loses the shinyyyy factor.

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
LOL. Ah, but I don't want to deal with your clients, Ted. Been there done that, said "hell newp". :greenie

Now, if I could just become a filthy rich author so I could gripe out at my cabin in the woods. Or afford to join Bri in Alaska with my own "get off my land!" self-sufficient property setup that would be great for post-apocalyptic living...yes yes.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I wish I could travel. Or sit at home chained to a desk all day. Was telling my friend about all the problems I have at work, and I actually realized what a shitty place it really is. Like, illegally shitty.

Oh, and I found out the interview I went to last week. Had no point. Like, when I got there, the manager was gone and instead I interviewed with the owner, but the manager was gone because he had taken the last interviewee actually to a job site to meet the guy he would be working with...

fml.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
And all the advice I'm getting is from people who are so old they have no clue how the world works anymore. The place I interviewed at, hasn't called me back, for obvious reasons, so what's my mom say?

"Just keep calling THEM back. Call every day. Maybe they'll hire you just so you stop calling?"

Along with other pearls of wisdom like "You gotta hit the pavement, go door-to-door." Like she has any clue that most places won't even look at a resume` anymore unless you filled out their online application...

I just...ugh... But, of course, it's not like any of them could help spread the word about my writing either...

Ugh.

*Wonders if a velociraptor could actually 'Ugh' *

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm sure it could in its own way.

The job market sucks. I spent tonight hating my job more and more. Tonight's fun involved people who called and had no idea why they called. They just babbled and spoke gibberish. Our calls are timed and we're supposed to be done with them in 5:20. So tonight I had idiot after idiot call up to tell me about shit that happened a year ago, shit they bought at other places, shit they didn't want. It was insane.

And I can't snap on people and tell them to get to the fucking point. But that's just how my job works. Idiot after idiot.

At least I'm not doing illegal shit anymore, so I've moved up in the world. The cool part is, I'm pretty sure if I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll eventually be a supervisor at this place, which means no more phones. Again.

Shaun, have you looked into the thousands of work-from-home jobs out there? Tons of them dont' involve sales at all.

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Well, I had a decent enough weekend. Finally managed to get all the wip's off my old laptop. Did some editing and got a piece up to snuff for submissions, I think. Made spaghetti. Had spaghetti. Then had leftover spaghetti.

I also saw the new Pirates movie. If you watch it, just enjoy. Don't think about the plot. Like, at all. Just don't, or there goes your enjoyment of the movie. Completely.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Anymore, that's how I watch a movie. I don't get to see many, though. I wish I could see more.

I'm gonna update my blog tonight, then get on some writing. I made yogurt last night and I've got frozen yogurt churning right now. We'll see how that goes. Once I get it down right, I'll use it in a video.

It's been a good weekend, but I need to write more. I've been kinda lazy again and that needs to stop. I won't reach any goals by not writing.

tiddlywinks

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Hey hounds. Found this while I was checking out some new markets that popped up on Submission Grinder - a call for funny horror. Ted might have already linkied to this, and if I'm duplicating, sorry, not sorry. You just get it another time :greenie

Deadline is September 30th. Depending on how some of my other subbing goes, I may take a run at this with a story or two. Good luck!