AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Clinic: No Non-Whitey Sperm for Whitey

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by benbradley View Post
    But again, this "unearned privilege" may be a misleading term. The "privileges" and respect that whites/men/WASPs enjoy should be enjoyed just as well by everyone including minorities, but too often they're not.
    Any privileges whites have, they've earned. Europeans carved out a highly sophisticated and progressive society, thanks in part to their many inventions. They've also been extremely generous in sharing this bounty with the Third World. Respect must be earned. What have those minorities done to earn it? I also have difficulty with the term 'WASP.' If a similar acronym was used to describe non whites, you can be sure it would be considered 'racist.' There's a disturbing double standard here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday View Post
    Any privileges whites have, they've earned. Europeans carved out a highly sophisticated and progressive society, thanks in part to their many inventions. They've also been extremely generous in sharing this bounty with the Third World. Respect must be earned. What have those minorities done to earn it? I also have difficulty with the term 'WASP.' If a similar acronym was used to describe non whites, you can be sure it would be considered 'racist.' There's a disturbing double standard here.
    Oh - wait. THis is a troll, right? We were discussing trolls earlier. This is one?

Did I find a troll?

Do I get a prize?

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid Lillith1991's Avatar
    I'm going to tell you to bite me, because frankly I don't like the tone of your post. The majority of this continent was built on the backs of slaves, literally. And the people living here before Europeans decided it was a nice place to live had sophisticated cultures of their own. Complicated gender expression, religions, languages, rules on who wore what and when etc. White people are not the end all be all of the world, and you would do good to stop this reverse discrimination crap right now.

White people did not "earn" being automatically thought of as smarter than those they historically oppressed. Or earn being the supreme standard of beauty throughout most of the world, suplanting traditional black, Indiginous, Middle Eastern, Asian etc. standards of beauty. They didn't earn that shit. Driving While Black should not be a thing, but it is because of the way Black people are percieved. I call bullshit.
    Writing/Revising
    Unnamed Fantasy Romance featuring an F/F couple (R&D Stage)

The Blog:Eclectic Little Dork

I'm trying to go self-hosted so I can help more people and turn what I love into a job that works with my disability. Help me make the move: here.

Quote Originally Posted by mccardey View Post
    Oh - wait. THis is a troll, right? We were discussing trolls earlier. This is one?

Did I find a troll?

Do I get a prize?
    You win my undying love and respect.
    Writing/Revising

I'm trying to go self-hosted so I can help more people and turn what I love into a job that works with my disability. Help me make the move: here.

Abuses commas at will. milkweed's Avatar
    Oh My Gawd you can't be serious???
    Facebook Twitter Blog Website Gallery

Borg Rejection Letter:

Quote Originally Posted by asnys View Post
    WE ARE THE BORG. YOU MAY RAISE YOUR SHIELDS AND DEPART. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS IS SUPERFLUOUS TO OUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR CULTURE'S SERVICE IS UNNECESSARY. PLEADING IS FUTILE. YOU WILL NOT BE ASSIMILATED.

Did I find a troll?

Do I get a prize?
    I'd suggest everyone get their comments in quickly before this troll is booted, as will assuredly happen.
    Urban Fantasy rules:Play Dead My Website

Quote Originally Posted by milkweed View Post
    Oh My Gawd you can't be serious???
    Yup. Apparently she is, which is why I'm calling bullshit.
    Writing/Revising

fluently sarcastic grandma offender ladyleeona's Avatar
    site here /// tumblr here /// tweet here.

writing these words, laying siege to those dreams

Sockpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillith1991 View Post
    I'm going to tell you to bite me, because frankly I don't like the tone of your post. The majority of this continent was built on the backs of slaves, literally.
    Africans were sold into slavery by their warring tribal chiefs. If there hadn't been a market for slavery in America, they would have been killed. So yes, slave labour helped the American economy, but it most definitely helped the slaves as well. This issue has to be judged within the context of the times. There were white mill and mine workers during that period who had it far worse than the blacks on a plantation.

Yup. Apparently she is, which is why I'm calling bullshit.
    But can I just say, if it wasn't a troll - I do apologise. It just looked like a bit of trollage from where I am.

ETA: Bullshit is quite a rude word. For an elf-looking thing. *tsk*. Really, Lil - would your grandmother approve of words like that?

I didn't think so.

Grandmothers matter. That's all I'm saying...
    Last edited by mccardey; 07-27-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Africans were sold into slavery by their warring tribal chiefs. If there hadn't been a market for slavery in America, they would have been killed. So yes, slave labour helped the American economy, but it most definitely helped the slaves as well. This issue has to be judged within the context of the times. There were white mill and mine workers during that period who had it far worse than the blacks on a plantation.
    ! ! ! !

But can I just say, if it wasn't a troll - I do apologise. It just looked like a bit of trollage from where I am.

I think labelling those sentiments 'trollage' is by far the kindest interpretation.

See this, right here - this is where the urge to say ohfuckoff becomes just irresistable. Even in old people. I mean it lovingly, Mayday - lovingly

ohfuckoff. Because history matters.

ETA: Oh, dear. Someone just told me that fuck is one of those rude f-words. Like fart. But still, I'm inclined to say - Ohfartoff.
    Last edited by mccardey; 07-27-2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: ETA2: Did I get it wrong? It looks wrong to me...

I will repeat, bite me. Rape, murder without legal recourse, separating families because they're only 3/5th of a human, constant threats of being physically assaulted etc. If you think that shit is better, then you are seriously warped. I refuse to judge rape or anything like it in the context of any time period. Rape is rape, whether it is the body or the soul taking the brunt of the assault.
    Last edited by Lillith1991; 07-27-2014 at 09:43 AM.
    Writing/Revising

ETA: Bullshit is quite a rude word. For an elf-looking thing. *tsk*. Really, Lil - would your grandmother approve of words like that?

I didn't think so.

Grandmothers matter. That's all I'm saying...
    Grandma called people out for this type of stuff too, so did Grandpa. Just carrying on a family tradition. You understand of course. My mama didn't raise me to brook any of this sort of foolishness.
    Last edited by Lillith1991; 07-27-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Writing/Revising

It's a doggy dog world benbradley's Avatar
    Let us eat bread cake popcorn.
    Ello.
    NaNoWriMo 2014: Unknown.
    Tweets daily or so.

Grandma called people out for this type of stuff too, so did Grandpa. Just carrying on a family tradition. You understand of course.
    I adore you

I adore you
    Why, thank you! I adore you as well.
    Writing/Revising

Sockpuppet
    I will repeat, bite me. Rape, murder without legal recourse, separating families because they're only 3/5th of a human, constant threats of being physically assaulted etc. If you think that shit is better, then you are seriously warped. I refuse to judge rape or anything like it in the context of any time period. Rape is rape, whether it is the body or the soul taking the brunt of the assault.
    It's ridiculous, of course, but rape is no longer part of the Criminal Code in Canada. Everything from a brutal rape to a quick grope in an elevator is merely 'sexual assault.'
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...5289/?page=all

It's ridiculous, of course, but rape is no longer part of the Criminal Code in Canada. Everything from a brutal rape to a quick grope in an elevator is merely 'sexual assault.'
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...5289/?page=all
    What the hell does this have to do with anything!?
    Definitely a troll, perhaps trying to derail things.

Back on target, this whitey <ha!>, happens to be of the opinion that they should not be permitted to dictate what the mother can and cannot choose.
    It will her baby, not theirs, she should get to choose whatever she wants.

i want to apologize to wh**eys everywhere for the insult.

when i thought about how nice they were to save those africans from being killed by other tribes by giving them a lift to new world plantations for a life of bucolic leisure, i wept openly.

they are a noble people and deserve better than to be slurred by the likes of me.

Thorn Forest: A Gift for AW

My poems on Twitter. Please proceed in an orderly fashion.

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly. SuperModerator Williebee's Avatar
    Mod Note:

We're gonna close this one for a bit. Give the air time to clear.

Folks, we've been here before. This could be someone who just hasn't read deeply enough yet, or been into a community with a standard higher than the comments sections at (insert your news channel here.) Patience, please.

Mayday - These folks think you're a troll. Up to you to prove them wrong. It is very apparent that your knowledge of history is incomplete, in particular where it comes to colonial Africa and the slave trade. It is equally apparent that you have misjudged the education level of the room. Both of those issues have ready remedies if you're willing to open your head and read more widely.

For now, start with the stickies at the top of P&CE, then go read the Newbie Guide.

Do not come back into P&CE until you have done so. Bad starts are quickly forgotten. I hope you give folks good reason to do so.
    This morning the sun came up.
    Just like yesterday, and tomorrow.
    Face the day, not the darkness.

'Twas but a dream of thee El Jefe MacAllister's Avatar
    Good eye, everyone (not that this particular troll makes it particularly difficult) -- "Mayday" is but the latest iteration of a pesky weirdo who has been trolling writing boards for better than ten years, and trolling AW since sometime in 2004.

The regulars will probably recognize some of the sockpuppet handles she's used here, over the years. These are the ones we're pretty sure of, there's a bunch more we're less sure about, and some are handles she's used on other writing forums, but not here:

Amy Preston
    Bubblegum
    Calligraphy
    Cavalcade
    Clementine B
    Fresno
    Glynnis
    GypsyHarp
    Honeysuckle
    Ithmus
    J.D.
    Jensie
    Karen Lewis
    Kelly Creighton
    Kensington
    Lily
    Liz James
    Luvreading
    Mardigras
    Mayfair
    Mayonaise
    Michele B
    pagerette
    Paperclip
    Rae
    Ravenwing
    Retrograde
    Rocketship
    Roxy Roller
    SaraKC
    Sara Kingston Carr
    Showme
    Sidetrack
    Stardust
    Startime
    Sugertime
    Tamara
    Vanessa Shore
    Vicky Scott
    Villiers.V
    Vixon
    Wrangler

Sorry 'bout the mess -- I'm going to re-open the thread, and while we'd normally split out the troll-talk stuff for the sake of the conversation, this time, I think I'll leave those posts right here for context.

Haskins, it's nice to see you backing away a bit from those habitually militant anti-white sentiments.
    Last edited by MacAllister; 08-08-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAllister View Post
    Haskins, it's nice to see you backing away a bit from those habitually militant anti-white sentiments.
    just biding my time.

Thorn Forest: A Gift for AW

My poems on Twitter. Please proceed in an orderly fashion.

Techno-Cathar Perfect Diana Hignutt's Avatar
    You may be okay with it, but I'm not. In much the same way, as some blacks have no problem with the 'N' word, and others do. So unless we're going to spell out the 'N' word, we shouldn't be spelling out the 'W' one. Consistency is important. And BTW, what exactly are those 'unearned privileges' whites are supposed to have enjoyed?
    Nonsense, Honky is the white equivalent to the 'N' word, not Whitey, but since there is far less history and hate with the word Honkey, is still isn't even that close....

Never heard of white privilege?
    Read my New Science Fiction Novel, A Dancer in the Infinite as a Serial (updated at least twice weekly) on My blog:
    The Many Worlds of Diana Hignutt

Buy Moonsword on Amazon Kindle for only $.99 through October 25, 2017

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast