New edition of my book - make a new product on Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackandblues

Registered
Reaction score
So I will have a new edition of my current non-fiction book finished soon. So should I make a new book with Createspace or just update the current book? I'd like to keep my reviews associated with my book but it might be a better idea to have a new book so people know its updated. Thoughts?

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
JMO, but when buying non-fiction I want to be sure I'm getting the latest edition, not something that's outdated, has errors, etc. I'd dump the old and have only the latest edition available.

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
Update the existing product. You don't want two editions for sale. Some people will, inevitably, buy the old one by mistake and be irritated. And, as you say, you want to keep the reviews.

What you need to do:

Make sure that the blurb on the Amazon product page clearly says, in bold type, that this is a new, updated edition. Include the date of the new edition.

Tell Amazon that this is a substantially revised edition. This means that they will push the new edition out to people who previously purchased the old edition. They're happy, you're happy, future customers are happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.