Hello fellow Writers!

BreMiche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bremiche.wordpress.com
This is my first time using a big forum as a way to connect with fellow writers and I love how simple it seems. A little bit about myself:

I've been writing since I was seven and it is my biggest passion. I also draw illustrations and read tons of books, so art is something I gravitate towards. Right now I'm working on a fantasy series with the first going through revising and editing. More on that in the future.

But enough about me. Here's a random question for you all: What's your favorite genre of writing and why? I look forward to meeting you guys!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
Here's a random question for you all: What's your favorite genre of writing and why? I look forward to meeting you guys!

Hello and :welcome:

My favorite genre is fantasy. It lets me create worlds where life isn't random and horrible; where meaning and closure and peace have a place, even if they follow close on the heels of pain and disappointment. Also, zombies. :D

Hope you enjoy the forums!

Semi_Sweet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome :) my favourite is adventure, probably because I'm an introvert and very reserved in life in general, so I feel like this allows me to escape in a way :)

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome to The Water Cooler. I like to write action and adventure, a little science fiction, western, mystery, and whatever mood I'm in. But certainly something with action and adventure. And I'm always looking for illustrations (g). Visit my Blog sometimes.

BreMiche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hello and :welcome:

My favorite genre is fantasy. It lets me create worlds where life isn't random and horrible; where meaning and closure and peace have a place, even if they follow close on the heels of pain and disappointment. Also, zombies. :D

Hope you enjoy the forums!

Mine too, and reality can be found in fantasy in meaningful ways. :)

BreMiche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome to The Water Cooler. I like to write action and adventure, a little science fiction, western, mystery, and whatever mood I'm in. But certainly something with action and adventure. And I'm always looking for illustrations (g). Visit my Blog sometimes.

Really digging the artwork of the superheroes. Never read pulp fiction but I'm always up for something new.

Andros

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: I'm new around here as well, but it already seems like a great place.

My favorite genre to read is horror, but I haven't settled on a favorite genre to write just yet. I'm not sure I can quite articulate why I love horror... I guess I just enjoy a good scare ;)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's your favorite genre of writing and why?

My current work-in-progress is another amateur sleuth crime/mystery because I like guns and puzzles.

I'm currently reading Mr. Mercedes, not the horror I anticipated but a first-rate crime/mystery instead.

:welcome: The same as you, I like fantasy and look forward to you telling us about your series.

BreMiche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:hi: I'm new around here as well, but it already seems like a great place.

My favorite genre to read is horror, but I haven't settled on a favorite genre to write just yet. I'm not sure I can quite articulate why I love horror... I guess I just enjoy a good scare ;)

I'm too chicken to read horror, but I imagine it's way better than actually watching it.

Michelle D.

Registered
Reaction score
i like real memoirs and fictional memoirs. and murder mysteries like the hypnotist, the nightmare and the sherlock holmes series

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
I like all types of books as long as the characters are real. There's all different aspects of human nature that comes out in different types of books; all fascinating.

That said, I do like books about crime - even took a short course in forensic science at one point! Maybe I should join the police...

BreMiche

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I like all types of books as long as the characters are real. There's all different aspects of human nature that comes out in different types of books; all fascinating.

That said, I do like books about crime - even took a short course in forensic science at one point! Maybe I should join the police...

Yes. Characters can make or break a story for me. The plot can only do so much.

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Characters can make or break a story for me. The plot can only do so much.

Exactly. I'm in the process of creating a couple of interesting characters. As I'm telling this part of the story through an eight-year-old's eyes it's hard to make them complex :) but I like the effect I'm getting

sado2020

Registered
Reaction score
Hi from a new person as well!

Fantasy has always been my favorite genre for my wife and myself. :)

Right now Ive been working on a series of steampunk fantasy stories, while she is more traditionally high fantasy oriented. As to why I really can't say, maybe its just more fun XD

Last edited:

Hannah M

Me. Who else?
Registered
Reaction score
Reading horror downstairs by yourself until 2 am then going up the stairs, random creaking around the house, pitch black, when suddenly SLAM! A door downstairs... must be the wind. But I'm sure I closed the window...? Run to bed and hide under the covers... unless you're like me who went down to investigate! Big black figure creeping around... no, that was my shadow. What's that noise?! Oh, it's started raining... here's the window. Must have left it open. Silly me. Now, off to bed!

Yup, nothing like horror!;)