William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
A Portland, Oregon nanny was arrested after she left two small children locked in a car while she went to a tanning salon.

Police say Kristin Marie Jones left a 3-year-old boy and six-month-old girl in a car with the windows rolled up while she went to go tan. Temperatures on that day were reportedly up to 90 degrees. You have got to be fucking kidding me, lady.

According to KOIN, an officer was called to the scene by a witness who saw the children in the car:
When the officer arrived, he spoke with a witness who directed him toward a vehicle, court documents state.[Portland police officer Rian] Hamby looked inside the Dodge Caravan and saw the two children, sweating and screaming. He opened the door to take the children out, court documents state.

While he was taking the boy from the car, Jones walked out of the tanning salon, court documents state. She removed the other child from the vehicle and everyone went into the tanning salon.

The officer states in his report that the boy was "soaked in sweat." According to court documents, "the officer felt the heat radiating from (the child) through his bullet proof vest."

Police said on the afternoon when the children were found, it was approximately 90 degrees, and none of the vehicle's windows were open.
http://jezebel.com/nanny-allegedly-leaves-kids-in-a-hot-car-so-she-could-g-1597829917/all

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
A freakin' nanny.

I don't believe in vigilantism. But there are times when I'm tempted to reconsider.

Here's one such time.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I want to make some sort of ironic correlation over the fact that she left them to bake while she went into a tanning bed, but the disgust is overriding the pun-center of my brain at the moment.

It's not like there's a dearth of information concerning what happens to children left in cars. It's not like professional nannies aren't supposed to have basic first aid skills, which would include knowing NOT to do this. It's not like there isn't a major national news story concerning this VERY THING on every online feed.

How does this keep happening?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
What the hell do you even say about this? I hope she goes real fishbelly pale in prison, the stupid cow.