• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Eden Literary

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Not long ago, I received a blog comment that I should contact a person associated with this company: "Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a book review/post? Can you email me at EdenLiterary [redacted]." Since this blog has nothing to do with book reviews, I did a bit of snooping around the site. Some red flags flapped.

Red flag: They offer a lot of "literary services," including "Sponsoring an Author" which allows companies to advertise inside books:
Sponsoring an author is all about opportunity. It is an opportunity for an author who would otherwise be unable to publish their book have a chance to fulfill their dream. It is also an opportunity for businesses and indviduals to support a worthy cause and obtain advertising in exchange.

From Web Design page:
Every author should have their own website to promote their work. Web Design is a reflection of your branding and style. Don’t be fooled into thinking a pre-made site with your name on the top will impress your readers. We are able to handle grahics/images, sticky navigation, widgets, and other complex elements of a website

Red flag: Their web site doesn't display properly with Safari browser.

Another red flag: No prices given for any of their services but there's that certain phrase. . .
Our services are customizable for the pre-publishing, publishing and post-publishing needs of the literary industry.
Whether you need help with editing, book cover design, planning a tour, or Eden Literary’s full publishing services, we love helping to make author’s dreams come true.

Another red flag: No experience listed for any of their team.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the whole site is geared to clueless newbies.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
From the bio of founder Deirdra Eden:

Deirdra feels her greatest accomplishment is writing and publishing a book...in fact she is the author of more than seven novels.
http://www.edenliterary.com/MeetDeirdra.html

I could only find three of them on Amazon, all self-published.

After your book is printed and/or formatted as an eBook, you need to get it into circulation. That means selling your book to distributors who will in turn place your book in stores. Self-published authors have an especially difficult time with this part of the process. Eden Literary has many contacts in the distribution industry.

Who are these contacts?

The ability to print, distribute, and promote a book can be daunting and expensive. The average 200 page novel without illustrations can cost between Sponsoring allows goes both ways.

Do’s and Dont’s of Copyrighting

I wouldn't want these people editing my book!

Promotional materials include ...wait for it...yard signs. The last time I heard about this novel method of selling books was from a PublishAmerica victim.

Last edited: