• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

[fantasy] Looking for critique on 3 chapters (circa 15k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A while back I've been to SYW, but this is a longer part, so that's not the place for it. I saw people around here are looking for partial opinions as well, so I thought I might try as well.

What's most important to me:
- does this beginning make one want to keep on reading
- how are the characters (protagonist especially), are they likeable/root-for-able
- is the transition clear

Briefly about:
It's a fantasy story set in a custom world loosely reminiscent of times around 19th-20th century. Magic is present, but treated like science more than anything mysterious.

The protagonist is a healer, trained mostly in lifting curses, but the story follows multiple PoV characters (most of which don't appear in the first 3 chapters though, so it's of little relevancy).

I don't know what else could I write here without spoiling anything :D Writing a proper blurb is a headache I'll have to take on in the following month. Feel free to send me a message and ask, if you're not sure it's something you're interested in.

Thank you!

BrandonKOrner

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, Calliea.
This sounds like something I'd be able to look over for you. Actually, I'm currently working on a six book fantasy series of my own, set in the 1800s. So if you need someone to read over your three chapters, I would definitely be able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.