AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Brick Cave Books / Brick Cave Media

[Publisher] Brick Cave Books / Brick Cave Media

Has anyone heard of them or had dealings with them? I haven't been able to find any threads about them on absolute write.

http://www.brickcavebooks.com/

practical experience, FTW
    Hmmm... not much info about this Arizona pub. Their submission page indicates a pretty narrow window for consideration. Preferred format is a little vague... Snail mail only for subs?

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Brick Cave also handles film and audio projects. From a 2012 interview with founder Bob Nelson:

My Name is Bob Nelson, and I stay busy in Mesa as the CEO of Brick Cave Media and the Executive Director of Anthology, Inc...

When I first moved to the valley in 1994, I was interested in creating a publishing company. It was in the middle of the desktop revolution, and the idea of publishing a magazine was attainable. I wasn’t sure I knew what I wanted to
    publish, but I had always enjoyed poetry, and had written 3 chapter books of poetry by that time. A Mutual friend introduced me to Joe Giunta, who had also been publishing his own writing under the Anthology moniker. So, we endeavored to create a new literary magazine, called it Anthology, and away we went for the
    next 10 years. Joe moved on to other endeavors in 1996, and Sharon Skinner and I continued to produce the magazine until 2004. We first tried to sell Anthology as a pdf file in 1997, but soon found out we were a little ahead of ourselves. In 1999, I
    started a webs casting show called SpokeWorld.com, and again found I was a little
    ahead of myself. In 2002, I opened the Anthology Café in Mesa as a way to try and
    create a literary hub in the east valley. In 2008, Joe and I started working together
    again, and I created Brick Cave Media to start to organize the various projects that
    were exploding across my desk, and still are to this day.
    http://azpublishingservices.blogspot...rick-cave.html
    Of the 20 books currently available from Brick Cave no fewer than 15 are by Nelson, Skinner and Giunta; the others are collections of poetry.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Brick Cave Media

Anyone have any experience with this company? All I know: they are in AZ, and made a movie they showed at Phoenix ComicCon. They also publish books.

https://brickcavemedia.com

(apologies if there is an existing thread.)

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.