Want to share your favorite paragraph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to share a favorite paragraph either from a WIP or a published work. No critiquing- just for fun. And reps for entertainment!

Here's mine; a glimpse of 4 year old me (from A Ghost No More)
smiley.gif

I looked over at the bright colored carousel. There was a long line of children waiting their turn, holding sweaty tickets in their hands. The music rang like little bells. I wanted to be on one of the pretty horses going up and down. I tapped my feet, dancing to the ringing bells. The excitement caught me. I tapped harder and faster, spinning in my dance, my arms waving like snakes. I wanted one of the moms or dads standing in line to see me and think I was cute. Maybe they will offer me a ticket, I thought as I spun around. No one was looking at me, so I danced harder- tap, tap, tap- the scrubbed grass smashing into nothing under my feet. I did my big finish, TaDAAA!, my hands stretched wide, and then dipped into a curtsey. I panted, waiting for the reaction. The mothers and fathers were taking pictures of their kids going up and down on the horse, doing nothing special. The music went on, and the blinking lights went around. The sun started to set. I sat down on the scrubbed-out grass and waited for Mama.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Since posting published work smacks of self-promotion, and there are already many ongoing threads in more appropriate forums for sharing WIPs and otherwise, I'm gonna close this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.