• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Editor] Samantha Rich

klswaim

Learning to love rejection...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kevinleeswaim.blogspot.com
Nope. The only Samantha Rich I could find was in linkedin, which says she was a editor at HarperCollins Australia, but I'm not sure that is her.

I know that Anna Genoese has many positive endorsements, but I couldn't find anything on Samantha Rich.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I see an Anna Genoese listed as editorial services. It follows logic that if this is the Anna Genoese you're writing of, and she has made a referral, it would also follow that Ms. Genoese would be able to supply you with contact information on Samantha Rich. If this is indeed the case, have you asked Ms. Genoese to supply you with who, how and where to get in touch with Samantha Rich?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure others with more direct experience will be here soon enough, but I hope you have asked her the usual professional questions. If she's legitimate, she will have no difficulty or reluctance in answering them.

What publishing houses has she edited for, during what time span(s)?
What published books did she edit?
How long has she been editing independent of any publishing house?
What books has she edited since she began working independently? Who published them?
Does she offer a sample edit on a short bit of your writing--say chapter one--at little or no cost to you?
Will she make available the email address or phone numbers of those for whom she has edited in the last two or three years so you may contact them about their experiences?

Maryn, who knows there are editors, and then there are editors