Hey Everyone

Enderman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I'm PuppetMaster. I'm 22 years old and returning to community college in the fall. My current plan is to major in English even though everybody tells me it's a worthless degree unless you teach. However, I love to write and let my imagination loose and it's very fun to do. I typically write adult fantasy and urban genres, but have yet to mix the two even though that's what I like to read. I should get on that someday! Anyway, besides writing, I love video gaming, animals, and cartoons/anime. It's a pleasure to meet you all and I hope I'll enjoy my stay here!

BeeGem

The one with the gemstone eyes
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Hi Puppet,

I love to learn, I've studied a lot of different things in my time, and as long as it's worth it to me, that's all that matters. Good luck with your studies and your writing. :)

Meg02

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like fun.
Hope you'll enjoy your stay, what is this a hotel?! *is deeply offended*

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Evelyn_Alexie

Registered
Reaction score
I've got two degrees in English. Getting my Master's in English led to getting my first "real" job editing technical manuals. (A woman who'd been in the program before asked my graduate advisor if she knew anyone who was job hunting.)

So yes, you can get a non-teaching job with an English degree. Honest. :)

Enderman

Registered
Reaction score
I've got two degrees in English. Getting my Master's in English led to getting my first "real" job editing technical manuals. (A woman who'd been in the program before asked my graduate advisor if she knew anyone who was job hunting.)

So yes, you can get a non-teaching job with an English degree. Honest. :)

That's good. Thanks for letting me know. It's nice to have some assurance that it isn't as useless as most people believe.

JulianneQJohnson

Ferret Herder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
julianneqjohnson.com
:welcome:
No degree is useless. So many jobs these days require a BA, and they care little what that BA is in. Unless you develop specific career plans, get a BA in whatever interests you.