• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

YouWriteOn.com / New Generation Publishing / Legend Press

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't scare that easily - with a name like mine it wouldn't be cool.

I'm not sure you can actually sign up for the next scheme yet. I remember reading, at least I think I do, that you could apply for information about it but not register until the end of March. There's time yet for new members to get an idea of how the last one worked out as long as the forums do come back, unhappy writers make themselves heard and their posts are not deleted. Before anyone brings up the way Ted was censoring posts before I do know about that, but don't see how he can get away with it if a lot of people use the return of the forums to complain. It's hardly going to go unnoticed and members do have the ability to contact one another via the Free Will facility.

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
There may not be any need to delete posts. Let’s assume that, while he hasn’t been using up time running a message board for members of the original writing/reviewing scheme, Ted has been sorting out books for those who went for his and Legend Press's publishing scheme.

The newly re-opened forum could be glowing with posts saying how delighted people are with their books. And (once they’ve waded through all those pics of book signings in order to actually get to a message board) some people may post messages of congrats for book signings.

Ted may even post his own message announcing that all the books published by YWO have been lodged with the British Library.

If all of that happens, new members would be guided by what they see whilst in ignorance of what has taken place previously. It would also mean Ted has got his act together.

None of which would serve to explain why the Arts Council are continuing to allow him to use their logo in violation of their rules.

Permission to use the AC logo “is specific to the funded activity and may not be transferred to another activity, person or organisation.”

AC TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Last edited:

jpfife

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowdevil.com
The 'publishing news page' has been updated - although (as of Saturday 7 March) it still says 'February' - and mention of Barry's book has been removed, some new ones taking its place.

paladinb

Registered
Reaction score
The 'publishing news page' has been updated - although (as of Saturday 7 March) it still says 'February' - and mention of Barry's book has been removed, some new ones taking its place.

Yep my contract with youwriteon has now been cancelled. Again with respect to Ted he replied to my requests pretty quickly and there was no bad feeling at all on either side.

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
More likely no fame at all at this rate!

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
I bet it's not there until right at the end of the week, if at all.

What happened to Old Hack's third blog for The Bookseller? Not run out of ammunition surely?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to Old Hack's third blog for The Bookseller? Not run out of ammunition surely?

As chance would have it, I'm editing it right now--I wrote it a couple of weeks ago, and a few things have changed since then. But unlike my first piece for the Bookseller blog, this latest one isn't specifically directed at YWO.

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to reading it. Gosh, what an exciting week this is becoming!

Teehee Anna Magdalena! Been done before of course like Gunnho, Gunnsmoke, Gunnslinger and Gunnfire but I like having an unusual Christian name.

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry qwerty you've got me there. Did I miss something?

qwerty

exiled Brit
Registered
Reaction score
Turns about, Columbo style.

Now as Columbo said ..

. . . So let's get the story straight so we all know here we are if this is right you will have to let me know.

Old Hack is someone else on YouWriteOn?
Qwerty was two people on YouWriteOn?
Kevin is Ted on Authonomy?

Is that who we are just so the soap opera can continue? .

Anyone ever seen helpdog or assignment robot doing a Columbo act on the YWO message board?

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
I know English isn't my first language but I'm still confused! However if you're just being subtle and not actually insulting me I think I'll leave it at that!

No, I have to ask. What is a Columbo act?

para

Registered
Reaction score
Columbo (Detective Columbo) is the main character for a 1970s American Detective show that has been repeated ad infinitum. So I guess a Columbo act would be detective work or something.

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, para. Yes, we have it here dubbed in French - doesn't quite work somehow - but don't know what it has to with my name or variations on it. Never mind, not important probably.

Gunn

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry.

I didn't start it, honest, Miss.

Last edited: