• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Day Jobs:Humorous Urban Fantasy with Black MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xC0000005

An exception has occured.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorjcnelson.com
My latest WIP, a humorous UF, is ready for beta readers to look at the bigger picture, but in this case, I have a special request - this is the first time any of my books has had a black MC. I'd love a black beta reader to read through with a critical eye to see what I might have missed.

Not looking for LBL edits unless you really feel like it. Bigger picture feedback. I'm open to swaps in the fantasy/UF/SF realm.

I'd blurb like so:

Deon Feck is a third generation, card carrying member of the armies of darkness. As a minion in the wars between good and evil, he goes to work every day to end the world, or save it.

When Feck accidentally kills the champion of light with a stick, he throws a wrench in the balance of a thousand worlds. Now, with his best friend Levar, the math-magician Bin Hex, and a trio of flesh-eating crab spiders, Deon must discover who is working to conquer or destroy the universe. If he doesn't, the thousand worlds will collapse, killing all life and making it impossible to order a decent pizza.

Deon's a born follower who knows that when destiny calls, you let it go to voice mail, but to save his friends, he'll have to step out of the shadows, into the spot light, and prove that even a minion can be the hero. If he has to.

The book is 95k. If you are interested, PM me. We'll exchange a couple chapters and see if we're a good fit.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.