Game: How well do you know your Main Villain?

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
As the "How well do you know your MC" game thread with a slight change. Instead of using your MCs, you answer the question from the previous post with as many as your main VILLAINS as you like, and then post a question of your own for the next poster. So lets get the ball rolling, shall we?

I'll start by posing the first question...

Has your main villain ever read or heard of the "Evil Overlord List" and, if so, what are their thoughts on it?

Last edited:

MynaOphelia

lost her spaceship again
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm hmm hmm.

Vyra has probably never read it, on account of the fact that she leads a secretive religious compound that's taken up settlement on another planet, a few centuries after Earth was destroyed. If she read it, she would probably find it makes a lot of sense, then make careful, detailed notes in code.

Who is your villain closest to?

Last edited:

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
The Keeper: "My most cherished bond is to my dear queen Alice...even if she fails to realize how closely we are linked."

Lilly: "My daddy Lucian! He's always been there for me and supported everything I do...even when people say it's wrong! He's the one person who understands me and my dreams!" *happy giggle*

What is your main villain's most positive personality trait?

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
(I'm going to allow this, but if I start seeing "Game: How well do you know your main sidekick?" "Game: How well do you know your main LI?" "Game: How well do you know your main character's dog?" threads, I'm going to merge them all into one and remove the "main" from the "main character" of the original so any character can answer. And it's just fine with me if you all want me to do that now.)

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score
What is your main villain's most positive personality trait?

The White Rose: Mm… I'd have to say my eyes. Oh, personality trait? It must be my strong sense of compassion and caring for the well-being of others. I love all my children, after all; even the ones that don't love me…

Does your villain believe themself to be evil?

J.Emerson

Registered
Reaction score
Does your villain believe themself to be evil?

Marcus: Evil? Hell no. I just do what needs to be done to survive. If that entails murdering, maiming, arbitrary blood sucking, so be it. Can't hardly hold it against me, either, I didn't invent the past time, I'm just doing it justice. Besides, is anything truly evil if its necessary?

What was the moment when your villain fully tipped over into the land of irredeemable?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What was the moment when your villain fully tipped over into the land of irredeemable?

Richard: I suppose it was when I spotted that boy entering the river and sent one of my ghosts after him to help him drown. I had grown impatient, you see, and I wasn't growing any younger waiting for another convenient death.

Though some might say it was the first soul I captured that made me--what was it you called me?--irredeemable?

What is your villain's favorite pastime?

Sollluna

keyboards: useful for typing errors
Registered
Reaction score
What is your villain's least favorite memory?

Steele: Watching the children die. The others deserved it, but we should have evacuated the children first. The children shouldn't have even been on planet.

As a child, what did your villain want to be when they grew up?

KarmaPolice

Registered
Reaction score
Aston Whitefield: An Army Officer in the service of God, King and Empire as I brought the light of British rule and civilisation to those backward natives in India and Africa. You may snigger at that, ladies and gentlemen, but when I was a child 'Empire' meant exotica, adventure and glory, not 'exploitation' or all this namby-pamby about 'cultural relativity' and 'multi-culturalism'.

What does the villain believe the world sees him/her as?

Last edited:

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score
What does the villain believe the world sees him/her as?

The White Rose: A ghost, a legend, a goddess. Oh, and occasional murderess, I suppose, but they really give me far too much credit for those.

Why does your villain do what he or she does?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
The White Rose: A ghost, a legend, a goddess. Oh, and occasional murderess, I suppose, but they really give me far too much credit for those.

Why does your villain do what he or she does?

Long answer: Malsmedis wishes she had a profound motive, but she is only capable of acting on her programming. Programming that instructs her to seek out conflict and win. Win at any cost. Morality is not to be taken into account. Collateral damage is not to be taken into account. Potential damage to herself is not to be taken into account. Victory is the end, and the means do not need justified.

Short answer: Munchkin. From. Hell.

Your villain's low on cash/some other necessary expendable resource. How do they get it?

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
The Keeper: "I do not commonly make use of expendable resources in the way you humans do. I suppose the Thanes and their monsters could qualify in a sense...but if they ceased to exist creating more would not prove difficult..."

Lilly: "Well...money is something I'll never run out of....but if I did for some reason all I'd need to do is create yet another invention, get the patent first and proceed to rake in massive profits. Or I could just hack some CEO's bank account and call it a day."

Your villain has died. Once put before God for judgement they are given an opportunity to re-live their life so long as they use that life to atone for their sins....do they take the chance and admit they where wrong or stand by their deeds in life and condemn themselves to hell?

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Your villain has died. Once put before God for judgement they are given an opportunity to re-live their life so long as they use that life to atone for their sins....do they take the chance and admit they where wrong or stand by their deeds in life and condemn themselves to hell?

Ace: It depends. I need your guarantee that if I don't do all this, Evie's going to fall in love with me. Without that guarantee, I might as well go to hell.

How does your villain feel about cute, fuzzy animals?

J.Emerson

Registered
Reaction score
Ace: It depends. I need your guarantee that if I don't do all this, Evie's going to fall in love with me. Without that guarantee, I might as well go to hell.

How does your villain feel about cute, fuzzy animals?

Marcus: Their blood doesn't taste nearly as good as the fuzz-less variety of animal. Namely you ;)

Is there anything your villain wishes s/he could take back?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Is there anything your villain wishes s/he could take back?

Apollo: Creating that stupid, weak-ass copy of myself. What a waste of space.

Does your MC have a superior, or are they the Big Bad?

amillimiles

Registered
Reaction score
Lord Tyrrell: Nope, he's the Big Bad. He does have inferiors who are in reality more powerful.

How is your villain's sense of fashion?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
Lord Tyrrell: Nope, he's the Big Bad. He does have inferiors who are in reality more powerful.

How is your villain's sense of fashion?

Tristan: "Oh, I have had plenty of time to learn to dress well. I grew up in a well-to-do, upper-middle class family, and we knew how to dress to impress. I guess I've always considered myself kind of a dandy.

I think I still dress nicely and am financially capable of purchasing whatever I want, but things are very different nowadays. Fashions have changed so much, but I still try to retain some of my class. On a regular day, I'm probably a preppy-casual sort of fellow, but I'm not opposed to wearing a laid-back hoodie and jeans, when I'm spending time with some of my recent friends . I don't concern myself as much with fashion these days, but I see no reason to look like a bum...unless I have a really, really good reason to. While we're on the subject, I just have to say it: Someone really should tell some of those kids that I've been seeing lately, that showing your drawers in public is neither attractive nor acceptable. Please pull your pants up, and dress like gentlemen. Thank you!"

Has your villain ever fallen in love?

Last edited:

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
My Big Bad is basically a tribute to Dr. Ain from James Tiptree, Jr.'s "Last Flight of Dr. Ain" so he is in love but with the Earth and thinks humans deserve to die.

What does your villain hold dear above all else?

Last edited:

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
What does your villain hold dear above all else?

Tristan: "Family is the most important thing in the world to me, and I'd do anything for my loved ones. Anything."

Does your villain feel remorse for any of his/her "evil doings"?

Last edited:

Samsonet

Just visiting
Registered
Reaction score
Kristen: If she stepped back and slowed down a bit, she would. As it is, she's too focused on her jealousy and resentment to realize what she's doing.

What's your villain's ultimate goal?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What's your villain's ultimate goal?

Ace: The ultimate goal is to get Evie to love me of course. *smiles* And Dad too. I mean, that's pretty important, but I have my hooks in him already. Evie's the real challenge.

What is your villain's biggest pet peeve?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Ace: The ultimate goal is to get Evie to love me of course. *smiles* And Dad too. I mean, that's pretty important, but I have my hooks in him already. Evie's the real challenge.

What is your villain's biggest pet peeve?

Because Malsmedis's sensors can read information like taste and sound but their processors don't quite interpret them as intended, Malsmedis gets frustrated trying to listen to music - every note is a brown note to her. That's true of all Automata, though, so a more specific-to-Mal peeve is that she can't stand the taste of anything spongey and sweet, like cake or bread.

Your villain suspects an essential subordinate (or, for a subordinate-less villain, a member of their social circle they thought was and need on their side) of doubting them, if not already plotting treachery. How does your villain act on those suspicions?

flarue

Registered
Reaction score
Tristan: "Well, I can be a sensible man in some ways. If he doubts me, that's his problem, not mine. But if I suspect him of treachery, I will wait and see if those suspicions start to prove true, and he will pay- with his life. And If I have to, I'll make sure that she eats every last ounce of him."

What does your villain do for fun?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Richard: I quite enjoy gardening.

What is your villain's beverage of choice?