Greetings from Canada!

Enderboots

Vatican Cameos
Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a recent high school graduate from New Brunswick, Canada. So far, I've only written a few poems and short stories for English and Creative Writing class in school (the latter of which was a very rewarding experience), but I've never actually been able to work up the motivation and confidence to tackle something like a whole novel.

I am very interested in writing low Fantasy, typically Gaslamp Fantasy ("Steampunk's magical cousin", to quote TV Tropes), but I always have trouble thinking up non-cliche plots. I've created a lot of OCs and thought up a couple of worlds, but the storyline is where I get stuck. I need a heap of help with this, and I hope I can find that in my time here.

(Also, just to clarify: I got my username from an episode in Minecraft with a friend of mine. My avatar was an Enderman in a suit, and I was on a desperate hunt for boots [or leather to make boots]. I eventually said "My feet are cold... My Ender-feet! I need some Ender-boots for my Ender-feet!" I ended up remembering it.)

Sorry for rambling and all. I look forward to joining the community and talking more with all of you!

Last edited:

CajunLady

Registered
Reaction score
Arcadia Missouri or maybe Saturn at times
Hello, Canada!

I'm quite new here but impressed with the clientele, so far.

I love writing, have published a couple poems, and currently am working on a memoir; that being said, I love fantasy pieces.

Welcome to the top of the class!!!

CajunLady

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

L.David

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theseattleslew.com
Welcome! I wish I had the motivation like you after I graduated high school. It took me well into adulthood before I realized that writing was truly my calling. I, like many other writers I know, were just always too scared to write. Fear of not earning a steady income, etc.

Hope you stick with it :)

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Try reading some books or watching some film or TV from every genre, even those you don't love. It might help you think up of something.

Enderboots

Vatican Cameos
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

Also, you can call me Erin if you'd like. I didn't mention my name in my post.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Welcome! I'm Canadian, living in Ontario, but both my parents are from New Brunswick. Keep honing your craft. You have entered into the writing forum during a great time. So much to learn from your peers over the Internet. I wish I had that advantage when I graduated high school about... forty years... ago...