• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking: Beta Reader for a Contemporary Short Story (8k) with some Adult Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all!

I've been working on this piece for about a quarter at school, which is nearly 10 weeks now.

The story is a contemporary piece involving underage drinking, sexual relations (nothing very graphic, but there is mention of graphic sexual content that is never depicted), profanity, and discussion of disease transmission (HIV, Herpes).

If this interests you, please let me know! I am desperate to get some eyes on this story, as it is very close to my heart yet I know it is in need of some extensive critiquing. That is not to say that I don't believe it is unpolished. Art is never complete! I'm looking for very honest criticism even though, I admit, it's painful to have to read. No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader! (Misappropriated quote still seems appropriate.)

The story focuses on an gay main character and there are gay peripheral characters, but the conflicts are not singular to the LGBT community.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.