Shooter loose, three Mounties dead and two wounded in New Brunswick

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
I was pretty upset when I heard about the shootings... I knew a Mountie who was killed about 18 or so years ago, and it kind of brought back memories of that. There wasn't a manhunt or anything. The jerk who shot him was killed within hours of it.

It's times like this that I wish we still had the death penalty up here for special cases, like this one. Three Mounties dead and two were injured. *SIGH* Life in our cushy penal system is too good for him if you ask me. He'll claim "mental instability" or something like that and get a slap on the wrist. Ugh.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not saying they should have simply killed him when he was trying to surrender. I just would've preferred that the outcome would have been such that the police had no choice but to kill him.
That happened just today near Atlanta. The guy was so "prepared" for his court date (with guns, ammo, bombs, and water in his vehicle, they believe he intended to take hostages inside the courthouse and hold out for a while) that they expect his home to be booby trapped (this story doesn't have all these details, I heard this on the radio):
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/06/justice/georgia-courthouse-shooting/
Why?

That just gives the police involved more chances to get hurt.
I trust the police to know when they can safely arrest a suspect and when they have to blow him off the face of the Earth to save others' lives. The story I linked to was clearly the second case.

Wilde_at_heart

υπείκωphobe
Registered
Reaction score
I was pretty upset when I heard about the shootings... I knew a Mountie who was killed about 18 or so years ago, and it kind of brought back memories of that. There wasn't a manhunt or anything. The jerk who shot him was killed within hours of it.

It's times like this that I wish we still had the death penalty up here for special cases, like this one. Three Mounties dead and two were injured. *SIGH* Life in our cushy penal system is too good for him if you ask me. He'll claim "mental instability" or something like that and get a slap on the wrist. Ugh.

Knowing Canada, probably. That Karla Homolka is walking free right now (AND has a child!) absolutely disgusts me. I can only imagine the poor parents of her victims.

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
Knowing Canada, probably. That Karla Homolka is walking free right now (AND has a child!) absolutely disgusts me. I can only imagine the poor parents of her victims.

I heard about that too, and it made me sick. Ugh.

No one is saying this guy should be given a psychiatric assessment, and he should not be allowed to have one in my opinion. He should be given the maximum penalty for each and every Mountie he killed and injured in my opinion.

Sorry if I seem vindicative, but I have a deep respect for our national force and the men and women in it, and seeing something like this brings out my nasty side. I'll shut up now.