The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Display site] PubMatch

[Display site] PubMatch

http://www.pubmatch.com/

For publishers to sell foreign rights, or agents to get writers to rep, or writers to showcase their work to agent and publishers, so it goes full circle. Has anyone tried it? What was your experience like? Was it successful? Have a bad experience? Did your publisher sell foreign rights for your book?
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Good agents are very unlikely to trawl places like that to find authors to represent.

Most agents already have sub agents in place who work on their foreign rights for them, or have deals with other agencies in the various territories to take care of that work.

Is there any information on who they've sold, and where they've been successful? Because otherwise, I'd be very skeptical about this. Especially if writers have to pay anything to list their books there.

Oh I didn't see that part of having to pay. I did however look at the list of publishers and there's some big ones like Penguin and S&S doing it.
    My blog Lists of YA (and Adult) Publishers that pay advances and are accepting unagented submissions

Twitter

My YA novel, FIX ME is coming from Flux Books November 2017

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    I'm not sure if one does have to pay but can't imagine that such a service would run if no one paid for it.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Per the Pricing tab, the free membership option includes listings for up to 100 titles, and notification of five (5) "matches" a week. Over that, it's $80 a year.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: