• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Belladonna Publishing

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with/know anything about Belladonna Publishing? They've got an open anthology running right now that I was thinking of submitting to. It looks like a pretty small indie press, but I can't find anything about them outside their website.

http://belladonnapublishing.com/

Last edited:

Ephiny0

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahbyrne.org
I have a story in their first anthology (Black Apples). They paid semi-pro rates in advance and were very friendly and approachable to deal with. The publication date was a bit delayed for various reasons, but the final product (ebook and print) looked good to me. My main concern was that there didn't seem to be a lot of promotion/visibility, reviews etc.

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
BLACK APPLES, their only book so far, is ranked at 544,000 on Amazon, release date May 14. Looks like a two-person operation based in Norway, with books in English. The cover art looks great, as does the layout.

They don't really talk about distribution or about their author payment structure, editing, etc. They might have an exclusive deal with Amazon, since they're the only retailer listed on the website. There is currently a call for submissions to another anthology called STRANGE LITTLE GIRLS.

In my opinion, one of those "wait and see" scenarios.