• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Look for a Beta Reader/Critique type person - YA Urban Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laina1312

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! *waves* This is kind of nerve-wracking!

Okay, so. I am looking for a beta reader or two for my just under 60k YA Urban Fantasy. I kind of took a writing hiatus for a while because of reasons no one cares about, but I've been trying to get back in the swing of things.

I used to have a pitch around here somewhere... wow, organization is not my best skill set... Ah! I should, like, type this and put it somewhere so I don't lose it again...

Okay, so, here's a pitchy-type thing:

Lennie Ryans would like three things for her 16th birthday:

1. To fit into the dress her mother insists on having custom made.
2. A gift card to her favourite bookstore.
3. Not to be murdered by the serial killer stalking her.

Mostly the serial killer thing, though.

See, lately Lennie has been going on these midnight walks. Walks that take her to houses where people are dying. Or, in some cases, being murdered. Lennie already has her hands full with her neurotic mother, a budding romance that is totally confusing, and trying not to fail Chemistry. She has no interest in playing Nancy Drew.
Somehow, she doesn’t think she has much of a choice.​

I'm not really looking for line editing right now so much as the deeper stuff. I really just need some fresh eyes to really rip it apart and tell me all the things that suck, you know? ;) And obviously we would do the "send the first chapter and see if you like it/we work together well" thing.

I'm willing to trade betas (with some genre restrictions) and I would like to have a partnership where this would be a long-term thing.

THIS GOT LONG. Um. So PM or comment if you're interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.