• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Service listing] All For Indies

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
No page rank, not even 0. Not on the wayback archive. So I guess they are brand new and currently have zero value.

My advice: Join them when and if they have something to sell.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
It doesn't even have enough traffic yet to show up on Alexa.com.

Could be good, could be useless. How do they intend to check their sources/members? If it's like the BBB or many small-press associations, the only vetting involves the membership fee being paid, and no actionable complaints listed. Too often, I see known scammers and some companies with documented problems showing up on similar lists.

Just because a company belongs to a 'professional' organization, does not make it a better business partner.

ETA: They are affiliated with a public relations/print services firm, a review site, and a writers convention, FWIW. I'm still inclined to wait and see if any of my known 'red flag' companies or authors show up on this list.

ETA2: while looking in their services directory, I came across a post on their cover art services. They make the good point that many self-published covers are horrible, and professional covers can boost sales. Which is true. I just wish they'd proofread the section before they called it 'covert' art.

Last edited:

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
It does make me think of fake handbag scammers. I can make my own dirty book covers, thanks, and if I can't, that's where I outsource. To people whose skill I've verified. Which is kinda what I was hoping for from All for Indies.

I'm too busy getting a novella proposal ready today to sort through All for Indies' entire website, so I don't know how many unfortunate typos are really there. That was a big one to let slip.

Has anyone dealt with the parent company, Pure Textuality?

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would say it is more like the opposite of Angie's List. Angie's List charges customers and is free to companies.

Last edited:

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net
Totally agree with everything. They are brand new so I'm not inclined to suggest any business pay. I know someone has to if they are going to get off the ground but I know I'm sure not ready to be one.

My concern, I guess, is that it is associated with a publicity company. For some reason, and you all probably nailed it, it makes me leary. But I totally want to know about those "covert art". Gravity, I gotta see what dirty art you have. :D

And by Angie's List, I meant the concept. Sorry, should have been clearer on that.