Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Service listing] All For Indies

Romance with Kick-Assitude! Cassie Knight's Avatar

[Service listing] All For Indies

Hi all!

Anyone have any info or thoughts on this new group that is looking for publishing service providers to join? There's a $50.00 application fee for providers. It sounds like an Angie's List for publication.

http://allforindies.com/

Thanks,
    Cassiel Knight
    Publisher, Champagne Book Group
    www.champagnebooks.com
    Paranormal Romance with Kick-Assitude!
    www.CassielKnight.com

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    No page rank, not even 0. Not on the wayback archive. So I guess they are brand new and currently have zero value.

My advice: Join them when and if they have something to sell.
    Emily Veinglory

It doesn't even have enough traffic yet to show up on Alexa.com.

Could be good, could be useless. How do they intend to check their sources/members? If it's like the BBB or many small-press associations, the only vetting involves the membership fee being paid, and no actionable complaints listed. Too often, I see known scammers and some companies with documented problems showing up on similar lists.

Just because a company belongs to a 'professional' organization, does not make it a better business partner.

ETA: They are affiliated with a public relations/print services firm, a review site, and a writers convention, FWIW. I'm still inclined to wait and see if any of my known 'red flag' companies or authors show up on this list.

ETA2: while looking in their services directory, I came across a post on their cover art services. They make the good point that many self-published covers are horrible, and professional covers can boost sales. Which is true. I just wish they'd proofread the section before they called it 'covert' art.
    Last edited by Filigree; 05-21-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go Gravity's Avatar
    Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
    I just wish they'd proofread the section before they called it 'covert' art.
    "Pssst! Hey meester! Wanna buy some dirty book covers? Heh-heh-heh!"
    Cameron Bane

PITFALL now out through WildBlue Press, August 2015

www.cameronbanebooks.com

It does make me think of fake handbag scammers. I can make my own dirty book covers, thanks, and if I can't, that's where I outsource. To people whose skill I've verified. Which is kinda what I was hoping for from All for Indies.

I'm too busy getting a novella proposal ready today to sort through All for Indies' entire website, so I don't know how many unfortunate typos are really there. That was a big one to let slip.

Has anyone dealt with the parent company, Pure Textuality?
    Last edited by Filigree; 05-22-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at iCraft

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I would say it is more like the opposite of Angie's List. Angie's List charges customers and is free to companies.
    Last edited by veinglory; 05-22-2014 at 01:15 AM.
    Emily Veinglory

Romance with Kick-Assitude! Cassie Knight's Avatar
    Totally agree with everything. They are brand new so I'm not inclined to suggest any business pay. I know someone has to if they are going to get off the ground but I know I'm sure not ready to be one.

My concern, I guess, is that it is associated with a publicity company. For some reason, and you all probably nailed it, it makes me leary. But I totally want to know about those "covert art". Gravity, I gotta see what dirty art you have.

And by Angie's List, I meant the concept. Sorry, should have been clearer on that.
    Cassiel Knight
    Publisher, Champagne Book Group
    www.champagnebooks.com
    Paranormal Romance with Kick-Assitude!
    www.CassielKnight.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Did not survive '15 (last activity Nov '14). Founder subsequently added free listings to home site: https://puretextualitypr.com/author-toolbox/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: