The Flash (CW) - Possible Spoilers

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Zoom sounds like the guy who played Kurn, Worf's brother in Star Trek The Next Generation.
Great ear! The voice actor is Tony Todd -- who played Kurn in ST: TNG and ST: DS9 (as well as the adult Jake Sisko in DS9's most awesome episode, "The Visitor.")

Last edited:

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
S/he did one for Cisco and Kendra/Hawkgirl made up as Princess Bride characters. So cute. Their faces need to be smushed ASAP.

I totally *heart* all of his work. The fact that he whips them out within a day of the episode airing is just incredible.

And his artwork does get to TPTB - there's shots of his prints displayed in the Arrow offices.

He just... gets the shows so right.

*sighs in adoration*

Magnus919

Registered
Reaction score
I adore this series. They've really gone into it with a lot of ambition. We were really due for a Grodd episode, and they didn't hold back. Getting a glimpse of Gorilla City was great! I like how they are investing in Grodd as a future Big Bad. Hints of Wally West and Hawkgirl have also been tantalizing.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Also, how actually awesome was Hawkgirl, wings-out? The rendering of the wings and the armor is gorgeous! No wonder Cisco thought he was looking at an angel. (Though I'm hard-pressed to believe he thought he was looking at a dude!)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I adore this series. They've really gone into it with a lot of ambition. We were really due for a Grodd episode, and they didn't hold back. Getting a glimpse of Gorilla City was great! I like how they are investing in Grodd as a future Big Bad. Hints of Wally West and Hawkgirl have also been tantalizing.

Is Gorilla City in the comics? I honestly don't know but want to hear more.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
That was one crowded cross-over, but it worked. The wings for Hawkman and Hawkgirl definitely look better when rendered in a standing pose than they do when flying, but they're still beautifully done. I assume we'll see more of Malcolm and Darkh in the Arrow half of the event.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
In terms of the Grodd episode, why didn't they just tell him that they could get him to a city where other's like him already exist?

He might have believed Caitlyn.

As for the cross over episode, very cool. I did want to slap Cisco when he outed Barry. Also, why in the hell did both Flash and Arrow show their faces to Hawkman when they had first captured him? They didn't know he was going to be friendly at that point. For that matter, why would he swoop in and take Kendra. Why not approach and talk. And why say the others can't protect her? Isn't the more people protecting the better?

Also, do the doors on Starlabs lock at all? Or did Wells not bother?

And I think, all things considered, it's time for Barry to bring Patty in on his identity. She's working with Joe, might as well.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the "better, strong, faster" line in Barry's opening monolog? A nice little shoutout to the Six Million Dollar Man.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
"Is that the only way this guy knows how to enter a room?"

-- my nomination for best line of the night.

Hah! Yeah, there were a lot of terrific lines in this one. I think what I loved most was Felicity stopping the bickering by inviting everyone back for drinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else notice the "better, strong, faster" line in Barry's opening monolog? A nice little shoutout to the Six Million Dollar Man.

I totally missed it! Happily, I haven't deleted the episode yet, so I'll go back for it. :)

anastasiareeves

That weird chick everyone ignores.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiareeves.com
I totally *heart* all of his work. The fact that he whips them out within a day of the episode airing is just incredible.

And his artwork does get to TPTB - there's shots of his prints displayed in the Arrow offices.

He just... gets the shows so right.

*sighs in adoration*

If you are ever able to go to a convention where he is displaying his work (usually in Artists Alley) go find him and meet him. Nicest dude ever. Humble and just happy people like his work. I sorta made a fool out of myself the first time I saw him. Lost my damn mind. He was kind enough not to run away from me.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Also, why in the hell did both Flash and Arrow show their faces to Hawkman when they had first captured him?

There was a lot of unnecessary unmasking in this one. Barry, okay. That was funny. But nobody at Team Arrow really needed to take the masks off for Kendra, only to then express mistrust. Well, except for Felicity who doesn't even have a codename.

I loved that making this a two-parter gave the writers time to play with the character dynamics. Barry and Ollie's bickering, Theas "Did I know we know the Flash" bit. Lots of fun. Even the guy who plays Damien Darkh seemed to really enjoy his scene. Haven't seen him shine like that before.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a delight Hamill is. A national treasure. It was a fun episode.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
What a delight Hamill is. A national treasure. It was a fun episode.

With just that voice and that laugh, he schools Leto in the finer points of how to pull off a convincing Joker. (Yeah, Trickster - WHATEVER - that's his Joker voice. There's no mistaking it.)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com