• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Inkstained Editing

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
I have no experience with Inkstained, but Ms. Henley's project list starts in 2012 despite touting 12+ years of experience on her homepage. That raised my eyebrows.

alexaherself

Wordsmith and shoechick
Registered
Reaction score
I have no experience with Inkstained, but Ms. Henley's project list starts in 2012 despite touting 12+ years of experience on her homepage. That raised my eyebrows.

I agree that that's perhaps the major eyebrow-raiser, but several other things raise mine.

There seem to be no explanatory details of the services available (developmental edits? line edits? copy edits?).

It's a freebie site hosted at sites.google.com.

This sentence surprises me in a few ways: A convenience fee of 4% may be assessed to cover credit card processing fees. "Convenience fee"? May be "assessed"? (May be "charged", I think it means?). But aren't credit-card processing fees part of everyone's business expenses, and shouldn't such costs be taken into account in working out the prices in the first place? (And isn't 4% very high for this, too?)

The lady may have all the experience she claims and be a thoroughly professional editor, for all I know. Call me biased and over-sensitive: I admit that the Oxford commas in two of the first three sentences on the home page fill me with trepidation. :eek: