• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For a Writing Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobS.Tucker

A Wannabe F. Scott Fitzgerald
Registered
Reaction score
Website
parisandprose.com
Hello All!

My name is Jacob and I'm an aspiring Literary Fiction writer. I haven't published anything, but I am really hoping to in the next couple of months or so.

Looking for someone to brainstorm with, to do some edits, to boost up confidence when it's needed, and then to critique when it needs to be really torn apart, and to just talk with.

I don't know many writers, but I'd really like to have a close one who I can talk to and work with. So anyone interested just go ahead and post below :)

Take care,

Jacob S. Tucker

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Jacob. I'm looking for a writing friend as well. I wouldn't mind seeing if we'd be compatible friends.

I tend to write MG.

Last edited:

wufgrowl

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I'd be interested as well. I write literary and comedy stuff. I think I'm a pretty good critiquer, probably need some new eyes on my work as well.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind befriending all of you! I'm not Canadian, but I might as well be I'm so close to the border! I don't have too many writer friends. We could either hi-jack this thread or maybe make a new one on here somewhere and chat among ourselves?

I'm a fairly good critiquer as well, but I need new eyes as well. :) Let us organize a club here!

Last edited:

JacobS.Tucker

A Wannabe F. Scott Fitzgerald
Registered
Reaction score
Website
parisandprose.com
I'm down with a club, you guys! I'm so sorry for the late reply on this post...to begin I forgot that it existed (not good) and then when I found it again I was busy with AP Tests and Grades and what not (worse) but now I'm back on track and ready for this group!

shmglsky

Registered
Reaction score
YA actually, though mine's set in the past so to speak and only some of it is thrilling;p

But in plainer terms, high fantasy.

faithful1

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to join in! My current WIP is new adult, but my previously published novel is young adult. I'm available to critique for others and maybe exchange a few chapters of my own story. Just let me know!

SaveitForaRainyDay

Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to join too! :) I'm always looking for new writing buddies/crit partners. I'd love to critique someone else's work, since I've got a lot of free time at the moment. I've actually been going through a lot of people's work, but I'd be open to looking at more, even if you don't want to look at mine back. Because I've got a lot of free time I'll also reply very quickly.

I mostly write YA, but I'd be open to reading your literary fiction book, even if it's adult. I've got three novels in varying stages of editing, so this would actually be really helpful.

I'd like to join in! My current WIP is new adult, but my previously published novel is young adult. I'm available to critique for others and maybe exchange a few chapters of my own story. Just let me know!

Hey, since we've already spoken, I'm definitely interested in being your writing buddy :)

faithful1

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, since we've already spoken, I'm definitely interested in being your writing buddy :)[/QUOTE]

Cool! Sounds good to me!

meg_b

One step closer.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd love to join in if that's okay? I'm always looking for writing buddies and I think that the more, the better! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.