• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tall Tails Publishing House

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
http://talltailspublishing.com/index.html

I was contacted by Krystal Russell of Tall Tails Publishing. They are looking for children's chapter books and picture books both non-fiction and fiction. So this publisher is specializing in Middle Grade which you don't normally see. There is very little of these types of publishers compared to young adult fiction.

The only have two books out so far. Cover art looks professional. They do POD with paperback and hardcover.

I thought for the MG and PB writers they might be interested and having a look.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
A few red flags: Both currently available books are by the same author, Krystal Russell. One was published in 2009; the other in January 2013. That's quite a gap.

The reasons on the Why We POD page, including "we're saving trees" and "there isn't a huge initial investment," don't inspire confidence. There's a Kickstarter campaign to bring one of the books to hardcover.

This publisher might be fine, but a wait-and-see approach might be best.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
This publisher might be fine, but a wait-and-see approach might be best.

Good point which I agree on wholeheartedly. I had asked Krystal to join in on the discussion in case people have some questions. Hopefully she'll join and will give us more info.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not finding any (publisher-related) activity after '14. Anyone have recent contact?