Keep the ebook exclusive to kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
The experience with KDP Select seems different for each author. As others have said, try it out and then decide after 90 days.

In my case, I started with Select, opted out for 6 months, and am now back in Select. During those 6 months, I sold less on all other platforms combined than the amount of "borrows" I get in Select for a single month. Plus, I get 70% royalty in India as part of Select. Those two features are enough to keep me renewing.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The experience with KDP Select seems different for each author. As others have said, try it out and then decide after 90 days.

In my case, I started with Select, opted out for 6 months, and am now back in Select. During those 6 months, I sold less on all other platforms combined than the amount of "borrows" I get in Select for a single month. Plus, I get 70% royalty in India as part of Select. Those two features are enough to keep me renewing.

Do you have more than one book? I've heard that makes a difference.
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

D.Varsha

Registered
Reaction score

Thank you sharing that. Kindle Select it is then :)

D.Varsha

Registered
Reaction score

I have a publisher in India who has put my books as ebooks on various platforms. With this one, Indian american love story, I'm trying to break into new waters, thus the need to do this on my own :) I have three other books published (through the traditional route. :)

Dave.C.Robinson

... with the High Command
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.daverobinsonwrites.com
For me, and this is entirely personal, select is the better choice right now. I have 3 books out, two novels and a collection; one novel is Select, the other two books are on Smashwords Premium. Not only is my KDP Select book my biggest seller, I get more borrows a month for that book than I have had all-time sales of the other two on all other platforms combined.

D.Varsha

Registered
Reaction score
For me, and this is entirely personal, select is the better choice right now. I have 3 books out, two novels and a collection; one novel is Select, the other two books are on Smashwords Premium. Not only is my KDP Select book my biggest seller, I get more borrows a month for that book than I have had all-time sales of the other two on all other platforms combined.

Thank you Dave for sharing your experience. I too will probably go with Select. Congrats and all the best with your books...:)

Serene09

Registered
Reaction score
I must admit that I hated select on my first go. I had about three books then and I enrolled one in the program. From the responses I see how this matters.
Now that I have more books up, I'm going to give it another try in the near future and cross my fingers.

Some things to note from my bad experience:
I got a lot of downloads on my free days and zero on regular days.(Expected that)
My other two books sold no matter what.

Last edited:

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com

Just one book at the moment, and a free short story. It probably does make a difference if you have many books published. That's something I hope to find out some day...

D.Varsha

Registered
Reaction score
I must admit that I hated select on my first go. I had about three books then and I enrolled one in the program. From the responses I see how this matters.
Now that I have more books up, I'm going to give it another try in the near future and cross my fingers.

Some things to note from my bad experience:
I got a lot of downloads on my free days and zero on regular days.(Expected that)
My other two books sold no matter what.

Thanks Serene for sharing your experience. I'm researching quite a bit to find out how to promote my book best on Kindle. Thank you. All the best with your writings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.