The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Scribe's Guild Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Scribe's Guild Publishing

Does anyone know anything about them? I see they are a new publishing company, but can't really find anything substantial about them.

Quote Originally Posted by starbelly35 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about them? I see they are a new publishing company, but can't really find anything substantial about them.
    Do you have a web site link, starbelly35, to reference?

I found a website:

http://www.scribesguild.com/

We publish a variety of genres including but not limited to: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Young adult, Science Fiction, Non-fiction, How-To, to name a few.
    From their Google+ page:

Hello awesome writers! We are a new publishing company publishing all genres except erotica. We have already signed three amazing authors with books coming out this year and we're currently accepting submissions! Check out our website for more! 
    Though they list their current authors, I've yet to find anything about the people running the business.
    Co-writer/creator of (On break while the artist works on other projects):

Writer & Artist of Brainfuzz (on hiatus): http://www.drunkduck.com/Brainfuzz/

Not enough of a track record to submit, and I agree, no info on who is running the joint certainly keeps me away. That, and the fact they don't accept manuscripts with explicit sex. I can't seem to write anything else these days...

Wait two years and see if they're still around. My heart goes out to new publishers, but not my manuscripts. Not until I see how they operate.

M/M/M contemporary erotic romance novella out now from NineStar Press!

Blog: Blue Night(blog back up, mwhahaha!)
    My art and jewelry online at SaatchiArt.
    My collected Filigree's Rule posts for would-be writers (learn from my mistakes!)

Glimpsing reality... Starstryder's Avatar
    I noticed them via Twitter and it is intriguing but the lack of information is holding me back. I hope they are hugely successful but without more to go on I will not submit.

"We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville."

Jim Butcher (Grave Peril)

There is a contact page. If one were truly interested in submitting, they could ask who is running the show over there.
    I despise motivational quotes, but this one isn't bad: I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself. Mikhail Baryshnikov

Three and a half novels to paper. More in the pipeline.

Red flags:

1. No mention of the staff or their credentials.

2. No mention of how their books are published (print, digital, audio, etc.)?

There's also a typo on the Home page (best writer's should be best writers) - although I've certainly seen typos on legitimate agencies if not publishers as well.

This is the link to their facebook page. I don't see anything there either that answers the above. They could be anyone, anywhere, doing who knows what with your manuscript. Even if they have good intentions, and chances are that they do, there should be more transparency so you need not question any of that. As a start-up, they should do MORE to impress authors with their professionalism, not less.

I would not submit to them until they disclose these things and the facts can be double-checked through other sources. Even then, I wouldn't expect much in the way of sales.
    Last edited by RaggedEdge; 05-03-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    MS2: YA Mystery - querying
    WIP1: YA Fantasy - worldbuilding
    WIP2: YA Contemporary/Magical Realism - on hold
    MS1: YA Contemporary Fantasy - shelved

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Thanks Yes, they asked me to send my full manuscript after a Twitter pitch party. While it's flattering, I wasn't sure if I should. I think I'm leaning toward "no". And I definitely have explicit sex scenes in my novel. Ha!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Two years later, they're still around and have a staff page, but ....
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: