Greetings from London, UK!

Rusty

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm Rusty, so nice to be part of this group! I first stumbled onto this forum through P.N. Elrod's website, where it recommended this forum as a great place to learn the ropes of writing. She's not wrong! :)

A little bit about my writing fun times so far:

- I've been working on the first draft of my first novel since April last year. I wrote 10k before I realised that it was written from the wrong perspective and the wrong time.

- Used NaNoWriMo 2013 to start from scratch, reached 50k while still stumbling around blind stuck in the Murky Middle.

- Started rewriting this draft zero since January, reached the 1/3 point. I'm pretty OK with it so far (only want to claw my eyes out a little bit when I reread), but now I'm stymied as to what happens next. As a result, I've been taking a lot of baths.

There you go. I'm mostly a reader who's trying to acquire a writing habit. Lately, I've been procrastinating by having a go at critiquing some of the pieces in SYW, great fun!

Nice to meet you all! If you live in London too, then do give a shout!

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Not exactly London but just a stone's throw away in Staffordshire. ;) No throwing stones, though.

:hi:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Rusty

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Fallen, hello from down south! Nice to know that there is someone here in my timezone :)

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Which genre and age group are you writing?

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm glad you've started critiquing. It actually can be fun sometimes.

Rusty

Registered
Reaction score
Julietk, woop!! Hello :)

Shaba, thank you! Ahaha, good question. I'm writing YA Urban Fantasy, premise is based on the legends around the 12 animals of the Chinese Zodiac.

rwm4768, thank you! I'm learning lots from critiquing. My only worry is how the author will take it - when I critique in person, I can check their reaction to my feedback and ask them "Are you OK? Am I breaking your heart yet?" Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, at the same time, want to be of use.

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
I call critiquers of my work, Dreamstompers. Nice to meet you, Dreamstomper.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, but you have to have tough skin in this business, and not take things too personal. Certain critics will rip a book whether it deserves it or not.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Always good to see another Brit on the board.